Find information a friend

I want to find a friend, I lost my mobile phone, so I lost her number, she is philippines, 22 years old, and work like a nanny in ho chi minh city, I met her at vista building where she used to work at. every one know her: about mobile phone or address, please ask her to call me :01642104353
she is a good friend, and I dont want to loose this friend
thanks a lot

Hello NHU TINH NGUYEN

Do  you know her name?

Maybe you could get better chance if you placed an advert in our Lost and Found in Ho Chi Minh City with a little bit more detail, like when is the last time you met her.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Yea, I think people need further information about her. Such as how tall is she, and as the guy said above, her name could be a clue to find out her.
Good luck anyway Ms! :-)

thanks all replies, her name is "janis or janice" I dont remember exactly, she's small, has big eyes and long black hair.
she live with her sisters on thao dien street, dist 2.

small, has big eyes and long black hair

Describes the appearance of a few million people in VN.

Why not discretely stick a few small posters up on Thao Dien Street very early on a Sunday morning. Also check out any nearby Filipino churches.

If she was a true friend, how come you forget her name?

Many of us are unaware of the terms 'friend' and 'acquaintances'  :)
This is just an acquaintance. Yeah that's my question too.
If she is a friend, surely she can remember even her phone number  :dumbom:

Jaitch wrote:

If she was a true friend, how come you forget her name?

I'm guessing the OP forgot the spelling of her friend's name, not her name.

And I barely know my own phone number.  I can't remember anybody's phone number, friend or family.  I let my iPhone do that for me.

That's one of the bad thing given by mobile phones! At the time of  land phone fever, I could memorize so many regular numbers! Now I don't want to remember my number but some regular I can  ;)

DanFromSF wrote:

I can't remember anybody's phone number, friend or family.  I let my iPhone do that for me.

I only know numbers of my immediate family. The rest, once I lose my phone, then the numbers will lose with it too.

To the OP: As others have stated earlier, it would be wise and probably much easier to find your friend, if you give more specific details about her. Her full name, address, work place etc. Better yet, if you know her place, then just go to her house or to the common place that she usually go.

Hi.

If you can just meet "your friend" for a while, why are you still persistent to find her again? Let her go. Everything has its time.

@Dan: At least you have to remember your gf's number in emergency cases!

namron wrote:

I only know numbers of my immediate family. The rest, once I lose my phone, then the numbers will lose with it too.

What's with this 'lose my phone'? I have never lost a cell handset (touch wood) and still have (and use) my barely trackable Matsushita Trium. And I always use custom made cell handset holsters - with stainless steel wire through the belt loop.

I think many handsets get left around because users carry them in their hands rather than having a carrying device other than a pocket.

namron wrote:

Better yet, if you know her place, then just go to her house or to the common place that she usually go.

Thao Dien Street, Quan 2, is one of the longer streets in Quan 2.

DanFromSF wrote:

And I barely know my own phone number.  I can't remember anybody's phone number, friend or family.

I remember my parents house phone from a long, long time ago - Little Chalfont 2137 - an exchange that disappeared when the UK switched to DDD (Direct Distance Dialling) or STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialling).

Why don't people back-up directories (numbers)? Even iThingies can use e-mail as a storage medium.

NHU TINH NGUYEN wrote:

thanks all replies, her name is "janis or janice" I dont remember exactly, she's small, has big eyes and long black hair.
she live with her sisters on thao dien street, dist 2.

You expect me to believe this isn't a straight stalker case? Come on!

Jaitch wrote:

I remember my parents house phone from a long, long time ago - Little Chalfont 2137 - an exchange that disappeared when the UK switched to DDD (Direct Distance Dialling) or STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialling).

Similarly, I remember only two phone numbers:  The first one, my parents made me memorize in case I got lost/kidnapped;  we moved out of that house when I was 7.  The other one is when I was a teenager (before cell phones), when giving out and remembering phone numbers was important.

Why don't people back-up directories (numbers)? Even iThingies can use e-mail as a storage medium.

No argument there.  I have all my contacts (and other data) backed-up in several locations, both local and cloud.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

@Dan: At least you have to remember your gf's number in emergency cases!

Anh, it's likely if I'm in an emergency it's because of my gf!

Jaitch wrote:

What's with this 'lose my phone'? I have never lost a cell handset (touch wood) and still have (and use) my barely trackable Matsushita Trium. And I always use custom made cell handset holsters - with stainless steel wire through the belt loop.

I think many handsets get left around because users carry them in their hands rather than having a carrying device other than a pocket.

Probably your are right in there. I guess, some people are just not used to using such holsters.

Jaitch wrote:

Thao Dien Street, Quan 2, is one of the longer streets in Quan 2.

That is why I said, if she knows the place. I meant the exact place. Of course no one would bother if you do not know the exact address in such a long street.

Yet still, if she's really into it, why not? Depends on her.

The OP reminded me of an occasion when I landed in New Delhi. I used a Canadian flag for my greeters to find me.

Up walks this guy in a scruffy army uniform and asks 'Where you from?'. I replied 'Toronto'. He then said 'You must know my friend. He lives in Winnipeg!' (For those who don't know Toronto-Winnipeg is 942 miles / 1516 km for birds)

Jaitch wrote:

Up walks this guy in a scruffy army uniform and asks 'Where you from?'. I replied 'Toronto'.

Lovely city...

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj506/xe_om1/Vietnam/IMGP1792_zpsacd4940f.jpg

With many interesting inhabitants...

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj506/xe_om1/Vietnam/IMGP1831_zpsbbbd4cc8.jpg