Questions on Bekasi, Jawa Barat?

Heya.

I am going to work at a company in Bekasi, Jawa Barat from Mid-Aug.

I sorta looked over things on google map and it seems like the only way to move between Jakarta and Bekasi is only by driving.

Now, I don't drive and I don't intend to drive around in Indonesia esp because my internship will only last about a month.

1) Is there any other way I could get to Jakarta? and what's the quickest way?

2) where are the places to visit in Bekasi?
e.g food court, bar and etc.

3) What is Bekasi like? in terms of atomosphere.

4) are they a lot of foreigners? esp Koreans?

5) where would be the best place to rent a house / room at? I am 22 Female and I will be living alone!(somewhere easily accessible to a good gym and entertainment)

I've never been to Indonesia. I hear it's quite similar to Malaysia, where I've been about 3-4 times as all my friends are from there. so thrilled! :)

thanks for the help in advance!

xxxx

Have replied you by mailbox~

olihaipneda wrote:

Heya.

I am going to work at a company in Bekasi, Jawa Barat from Mid-Aug.

ARE YOU STILL IN BEKASI ???

I sorta looked over things on google map and it seems like the only way to move between Jakarta and Bekasi is only by driving.

Now, I don't drive and I don't intend to drive around in Indonesia esp because my internship will only last about a month.

1) Is there any other way I could get to Jakarta? and what's the quickest way?

It's called ANGKOT...there is MIKROLET or METRO MINI...but, if I were you, I will grab a taxi instead common public transportation...or find some indonesia friends will you

2) where are the places to visit in Bekasi?
e.g food court, bar and etc.

There is Metropolitam Mall...then tons of street food stalls cross along KALIMALANG ROAD

3) What is Bekasi like? in terms of atomosphere.

Drought, much polution, and sometimes fun

4) are they a lot of foreigners? esp Koreans?

There is ILP expat housing in Kalimalang, in Pondok Kelapa Indah

5) where would be the best place to rent a house / room at? I am 22 Female and I will be living alone!(somewhere easily accessible to a good gym and entertainment)

There is one around Metropolitan Mall

I've never been to Indonesia. I hear it's quite similar to Malaysia, where I've been about 3-4 times as all my friends are from there. so thrilled! :)

thanks for the help in advance!

xxxx

need further infos...fetch me up at serbacadas@yahoo.com

cheers :)