Change of VISA type...

Already have a tourist VISA and is good for another 4 years... 

Have recently learned I maybe needing to go to Brazil for business purposes -- does anyone know if there is already a process to exchange, upgrade, whatever, my current VISA to a work or business VISA?

Thanks in advance!

eh...well work visa is completely different than a tourist visa, if you WANT a work visa, then you have to get a work visa. your tourist visa means nothing in the process other than the fact that you can get into brazil and find a job, but then you have to leave. it's not like marrying in brazil as marrying allows you to go to the Federal Police and turn your tourist visa into a permanent visa--in the case of a work visa it is nearly the same steps as with the United States; your employer must file a petition for you. in the US this is the I-129 or I-140, but in Brazil your employer (not you) has to get permission for you from the Ministry of Labor. Once the ministry grants their request to hire you, they then inform the Consulate General that is nearest to you. after that, you simply apply for the work visa which includes forms, photos, fees (almost $300)criminal records and the other usual visa ap requirements. I suggest you head over to the website of the Brazilian embassy in DC or to the Consulate nearest to you to get the exact facts from them. that's why they exist ;) or if you happen to get married in brazil, then you can get authorized to work about a week after you file for residency with the Federal Police :)