Fingerprints for FBI background check in Rio de Janeiro

Please help. Does anyone know where I can get fingerprinted for a USA FBI background check in Rio de Janeiro?  I've tried going to the Departamento da Polícia Federal located on Av. Rodrigues Alves, 1 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro (which is where I was told to go by the representative in Santo Dumont Airport when I was renewing my tourist's visa) but the receptionist at the PF said I needed some type of translated document and referred me to the US consulate. I brought with me just the fingerprinting form FD-258.  I am confused at what actually needs to happen.  Thanks!
05/09/22 @Randy G.  Fingerprints in Rio

The Polícia Federal should have been able to help you.  You might try again at a different time of day, to deal with a more helpful person.

You could also try the Polícia Civil, here:

When I was applying for my VITEM XI visa, I was located in the US.  I hired an expert to assist me with the process.  He sent me an email on all the documents I needed to gather which included the necessary FBI Background check.  here's the excerpt from the email related to the FBI Background check I needed to get:

If the applicant is over 18 years of age:
Police Clearance which must: FBI Channelers List
1) Be an original document issued within the past 60 days on a standard letterhead with contact information of the issuing authority.
2) Have sufficient information about the applicant to determine it is not a homonym. Examples: full name, residential address, date of birth, identification document (passport, driver's license or state ID), social security number.
3) Reflect where the applicant has lived on the past 12 months.
4) Match the applicant's proof of address.

He later explained these FBI Channelers are the only organizations allowed to collect fingerprints (maybe local law enforcements precincts as well, but I can't remember).

Here is the link to the FBI Channelers list:

When researching the answer your question, I went back to this FBI Channelers list, and clicked one of the channelers at random, so see if I could find the answer.  I ended up clicking on applicantservices.com

They have an FAQ on that page; I saw this question and answer:
Can I be fingerprinted if I am a U.S. citizen but not currently inside the U.S.?

Federal regulation prohibits viewing of FBI Reports from outside of the United States and its Territories. Therefore, none of the FBI Channelers can assist you while you are outside of the United States. Please revisit our website upon your return to the United States.

However, you may send your request directly to the FBI, and they will determine if you are eligible. Please visit: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ident … ary-checks

Hope this helps.

@Randy G I just went through this process in Rio.

1) polícia federal at Av. Rodrigues Alves, 1 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20081-250 is the only one that will do this

2) must have letter from consulate in Portuguese  asking the PF to take your fingerprints.

3) consulate must also email this to the PF.

4) must bring with you your passport

5) must bring the FBI form AND a certified translation of the form.

If you are missing anything you are wasting your time going there.
As I said in another post, sounds like the MJ's directive to PF has begun.

@Daring12 Hello ! Can you let me know where you found the FBI form? I have the letter request from the US Consulate already but I don't know what form I need to get sworn translated.

@Randy G This why people go mad dealing with the beaurocracy in Brazil. I have been given conflicting information within the same government office.