Applying for a Work Visa here in Sao Paulo

So right now I have a tourist visa and our company lawyers are taking forever to deal with our work visas...which I'd like to get sorted before Christmas since I'd like to make it home for that....  is this something I can do by just taking some papers in to a place, and getting it set up. Do I have to have a lawyer do it? When I look getting the visa seems pretty simple from a consulate in San Francisco, maybe this would be a better option?

Has anyone done this themselves that can help me out?

Thanks!

Thanks that's great... I'm in Sao Paulo now... it was just looking like it might be easier just to get in San Francisco... but if I can do it here that's great!~

Thanks!

Ook so the Federal Police, I was there, don't do the work visa things... does anyone know a decent lawyer to help with this that's not outragous we are being quoted at 5000 reals per person.... which seems ridiculous to me.

Also I guess its the Ministery of Labor you need to talk to... anyone that has experience in this I'd love to pick your brain... or if you know someone I could ask.

Thanks!

I may be wrong but for a work visa, it's the company who should ask and pay it for you, no?

and I guess you have to go first to policia federal and after to the ministry of work.

Yeah the company should do this... but they haven't found a person to do it for a reasonable price... and unfortunately some of us have to pay for this process according to our contracts...

Liz,

Have you figure this out yet? My friend Michelle (from NY) has done  this earlier this year.  Want me connect you two?

Beijos (from freezing Cali!....34F!!!)

- Tim

zilrellim wrote:

Yeah the company should do this... but they haven't found a person to do it for a reasonable price... and unfortunately some of us have to pay for this process according to our contracts...

Dear,

It's better to ask for a Brazilian company especialized in obtaining Visa to help your company.
I have been working with expatriates coordination (tax, labor and social issues) and I have already saw many problems caused because of wrong information or deadlines expired.
If you prefer, I can indicate a good firm for you.

all the best

Ana