New Warm Malta Life with my dog

Hey! I'm Victoria, living in Sweden, but originally Russian (I have 2 citizenships), coming to Malta in first week of august with my French bulldog. We rented apartment in Sliema & we'll try to start new warm life.. :) I'm interested in gym/fitness/ or even yoga/dancing (maybe some classes like salsa..never danced salsa)..also I heard there's some gym with boxing in St Julian's etc..I love to try new things or something I never done before. Would like to meet new ppl or ..gym oriented ppl. I'm also interested in languages - Spanish for ex. I'm going to maltese class for beginners this October, if school will have place. Also I love to hang out: coffee, football watching, lounge/party. Shortly: flexible, easy-going, open minded, straight (I mean my language & expressions), funny, love animals, kind.
More about me: I can't swim, but I started to learn this summer (finally) & I make a progress. I can't use bicycle, hope to learn tho.. I don't have drive license so I don't drive. Mmmm, I walk :) I love cakes, but don't eat them anymore. I love hot weather..like +28-35.
Hope to make new friends on malta!

Hi Victoria,

Welcome on board and thank you very much for your lovely post and very interesting introduction  :happy:

If somehow you don't find any school just please check out this section and post an advert in the classes that inspire you or that you feel like doing ---> Malta classes classifieds  :top:

If you do have any questions please feel free to start a new topic and to post them on the Malta Forum also know that you can browse through the discussions on the Forum and participate - it might help to get in touch with members and who know - makes some new friends :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you for all info, Maximilien. Will do :-)
I already checked some topics on forum, very interesting, a lot of practical information for living, just exactly what I need :)
Victoria

Hello fellow gym goer! The best gyms in Malta are to be found in the 5 star hotels in St Julians so if you don't mind the short walk from sliema you can go to one of them. The best equipped gym is called Cynergi. Its part of the Intercontinental Hotel and quite expensive. The gym at the Westin Hotel has nice sea views, a punching bag and is a bit cheaper than Cynergi. They also have spinning, aerobics, zumba classes etc. If you prefer something in Sliema then you can check out the gym at Preluna Hotel.

You should find it easy to make friends here...sliema is full of expats like yourself. Hope Malta lives up to your expectations :)

Hey :) to Lambada..yes, I know how it looks like in St Julian's gyms (stayed in Hilton many times). It was ok, but in Sweden I have better equipped gym tho, and we have a thing here in Sweden: access to gym any time we want by special member card or finger*=u put ur finger on spec apparat & it read u & u go inside (any time of day or night ..time doesn't matter). I heard many good words about Intercontinental Hotel gym..but never been there. Also know westin gym. Never heard about other places. But thank u a lot - I'll check. I mostly do weights/kettlebells & lifting..I'm not huge fan of running..lol I googled & I found lordsgym.eu/about_us.html ..they kinda have fitness center & lots of punching bags :/ mmm, I think I'll visit 2-3 places in first week & then I'll choose. But probably it will be some gym in Sliema because it's near me. I'll live in Fort Cambridge.
Yes, all ppl I met in Malta during my visits were very nice..hope to make friends now when I'll live there, bcz when u come for short time it is not so easy
Thx lot again
Victoria.

Welcome looking for to see you :)

Thank you :) would be nice to meet you on malta too, take care/V

Hi Kahn3 I am working in Qwara and am looking for somewhere in Qwara , Buggiba or St Pauls Bay area. But thanks for trying your best to help me. Kind regards

Check your PM's.

Hey Victoria,

I think you are going to love it here, I recently moved here in April from Canada with my dog and wife and 2 year old.  We are right beside you just in front of the parks and pools beside ft cambridge, actually applied for a place there but it fell through.  I of to the gym in Tigne Point just half a block from where you will be staying, it is called fitness point, I checked out all of the hotel gyms the best being the Meridian however they weren't any better just included a pool (which you have) and they were much further away.  I think Fitnesspoint if great and very clean for the most part, none of the gyms are really equipped like they are in Canada except for Cynergi which I heard has a lot of great equipment but is also quite far, the only other gym I looked at which is close would be at the Fortina Hotel but they were doing renos when I checked.  Let me know if you need anything else as I am in the area and could help out for instance I know they have a new dog designated beach a short walk from us here where I take my dog swimming, etc.  Hope you have a great trip over and get settled in quickly.

OMG!!! You are such a help!! I need to know about that beach for dogs..& I think I'll go to the closest gym to me, at least for month..and I'll see. I can do work outs + some weights. If I need more maybe I'll check other gym later when I'll know area better..right now I know nothing haha. I'll pm you when I'll be on malta..3-4 august, so it will be more easy to communicate and ask things. Thank you a lot! :-)) JVaughn :)

Hello, where is the beach for dogs please ?

There are quite a few I'll find the link and pm you

If you can find her on here, Socialwhirl lives in Mellieha and has a dog and that area sounds great for pet-friendly swimming and hikes/walks.

Nange wrote:

If you can find her on here, Socialwhirl lives in Mellieha and has a dog and that area sounds great for pet-friendly swimming and hikes/walks.

Thanks