Starting new business, import taxes in Egypt

Hi,
I am looking into starting a new business here. Can someone tell me where I can get info about all the taxes you have to pay when importing products in Egypt (mainly perfumes and personal care stuff), either a website or office.
Also has anyone experience with collecting shipment from the port (Suez or Sokhna)? any advice would be appreciated.
Finally if I have an online commerce do I need to register it with the authority?

Thanks in advance

I think you have to finish card text ...then there are many companies can help you to easy your import .

Thank you, I am thinking of using a company to help with the import. What do you mean by card text? Do you mean the registration of the company? But I wish to know how much are the taxes ? Do you know where I can ask?

No expat is allowed to own a company importing into egypt.
and of course you gave to register your company before you start anything - thus can take a few months and I think you have to have evidence of starting capital.

also the import taxes on stuff coming into egypt is very high - hence why imported products are so expensive in the shops

You have to get Tax card card from government .not from private company ..then you can search about good company to help you to import

sorry .I mean Tax card

Hi,
Cosmetics in general have a high taxes and custom rates, according to Egyptian customs website, you have to pay 30% Duty and 25% (of the total) taxes.
You will also need an approval from the ministry of  Health and that will take a little bit time .
My recommendation is to consult a real experienced person in that field as life sometimes looks rose from balcony, but when roll up your sleeves and start interacting with reality you will find it much more difficult than expected as there is a lot of dirt and work around .

Hi,
I saw ur ad. and I can help u with my experience in import&export.Do u have Skype to chat?
sincerely,
Ahmed shousha

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum  pls + register in the business directory)