Living costs in Warsaw

I may be relocating to Warsaw for business reasons, possibly by the end of the year.  I have been in contact with some financial and legal companies in Warsaw to come up with a budget for opening a representative office there.  Now I am trying to figure out what my personal expenses will be.   I have contacted some property management companies about apartments and looked at some private schools for my daughter.  I am also trying to get a quote for medical insurance, does anybody know an approximate cost for this?  How about car leasing and car insurance?  Are there any other major expenses I am forgetting about?  Besides payroll tax are there any other major tax bills that are levied by the government?  I do know about the residency and work permits that are required.  Thank you.

I am from New York City and teaching Business English in Warsaw.

I want to have my own for the fall so I am just currently registering my English school. I learned that once you registered your business, you will pay around zl300/month towards medical insurance.
I have contacted an accountant about these.  If you want I can refer you to this guy, he is good.  I have not known him before, just active searching and just got lucky since he turns out to be a very nice, knowledgeable and very helpful one.
I believe that he can answer all your questions especially cost of living and finances involved while living in Warsaw.

Are you in Warsaw yet?

Hi
I'll be in Warsaw in 2 wks time - plan to be there for a year. Need to share a flat (single room) with like-minded english-speaking person(s) young at heart. I'm a non-smoker!

Hi Anji! (you are a bit off topic here) I suggest you to view the Warsaw classifieds > accommodation section and post an ad there. It might help you. :)

Good luck
Christine

Hi Jzackpe2000 and others,
Congratulations on your ambitious plans. How is it going?
I'm keeping a blog for a real estate agency based in Central Europe. Here is a list of articles we've posted on Warsaw including schools, maps and other resources for expats:
athomenetwork.blogspot.com/p/international-american-schools-warsaw

Perhaps I could prepare a posting on these topics (health insurance, etc.). Good luck !
Lindsay

most expensive city in Poland, Cracow and Gdansk the same

Hi everyone! Writing from sunny Florida US. Im bidding my time waiting until my daughter graduates from school next year and then watch out! I have been doing my best to learn all about Poland and like what I have learned so far. My dream is to start up a new business in Warsaw. What business? High end clothing consignment. Any opinions from you all are welcome. Of course, i need to find a location for the shop that will get local as well as tourist traffic and a place that will POP!@! I was thinking Old Town? Would it be difficult to find vacant store front there? Also, what would cost be in that area? Any other areas you might suggest? Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to hearing back.