Muslim converts in London

Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum. I will go to London in August and I am looking to make new friends.

Hello Moroccanista,

Kindly note that your post has been moved to the London Forum so as to help you get better interaction.

Regards

Kenjee

Thank you :)

Welvome

Hey
Although im not a muslim i have many friends who are. (600,000 muslims in London ;) ) The muslim community is stronger in different parts of London i would suggest you visit east London areas you will find it very welcoming With alot of support groups and friends to be made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_London

as salamu aleykum!
i am also looking to make friends.i'm recently converted to islam and would love to having some sisters as friends. 😃 i'm living since april 2013 in east london. in which part do u live? would u fancy to meet up and having a coffee? i'm looking forward to hear from u sister.

Thank you for your post sister. i am actually living in Morocco, but I visit London from time to time. It would be lovely to meet up and have a coffee. I will drop you a line soon to arrange a time.

Are you planning to settle in London?

I am muslim living in London you guyz can contact me at 07424613717, I hope we will have good time.

Kashif01 wrote:

I am muslim living in London you guyz can contact me at 07424613717, I hope we will have good time.

Please try to avoid posting personal information such as telephone numbers on the public forums for your own safety.
It can harm you more then good.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thank you for your advise.. I will surely follow...:)

What do you mean by "Muslim converts in London"? Looking to make friends with converts? I don't get it.

I can't understand your question !!!!

Hello everyone ,

Moroccanista is just looking for friends.

Please avoid off topic comments.

Thank you

XB23 wrote:

What do you mean by "Muslim converts in London"? Looking to make friends with converts? I don't get it.

Easy enough.
Many converts can have a hard time at first as many of their old friends reject them.
It's only natural they want to find a new circle of friends that will accept them as people.
Other converts tend to understand this as they've commonly had similar problems.
New friends, Muslim or otherwise, tend to get to know the person as a person, not make judgements because of their religious thoughts.
Been there, has that bigotry tossed at me - so I very much get it.

mas fred wrote:
XB23 wrote:

Easy enough.
Many converts can have a hard time at first as many of their old friends reject them.
It's only natural they want to find a new circle of friends that will accept them as people.
Other converts tend to understand this as they've commonly had similar problems.
New friends, Muslim or otherwise, tend to get to know the person as a person, not make judgements because of their religious thoughts.

She isn't a convert. She is Moroccan, and so I assume like the majority, born and brought up as a Muslim. She is coming to London, and is looking to make friends, specifically with Muslim converts, which I don't get.

XB23 wrote:
mas fred wrote:
XB23 wrote:

Easy enough.

She isn't a convert. She is Moroccan, and so I assume like the majority, born and brought up as a Muslim. She is coming to London, and is looking to make friends, specifically with Muslim converts, which I don't get.

The cia world factbook says.

Muslim 99% (official; virtually all Sunni, <.1% Shia), other 1% (includes Christian, Jewish, and Baha'i), Jewish about 6,000 (2010 est.)

She  may be part of the 1%, or doing research, or just interested to find and talk to people about their experiences.
Question is, who cares?

First of all, the 1% is tiny tiny in number, and the likelihood of coming across someone in the 1% and a convert, is even more unlikely as they generally tend to be a close-knit community who maintain their religion & traditions, and I doubt conversion would be allowed. That's why I pretty much knew she wasn't.

I asked her what she meant, because since English isn't her first language, or possibly even second, or might not even be third, thus she may not know the actual meaning of "convert", and will be missing out if she uses a word she may not know the definition of, mistakenly limiting herself to a small group of people who she may not come across.

Does it hurt you in any way?
If not, why hassle the  lady?

All a bit pointless, dude.

As for the comments regarding religion and not being allowed to talk to people - stop reading the Daily mail; it's bigoted crap.

I beg to differ, it's called helping out, not hassling. What's pointless is making a big deal out of a simple question to someone else.

I don't know where you got the idea of the Daily Mail from, as I never said anything negative regarding religion or foreigners.

@ XB23 >

Christine wrote:

Hello everyone ,

Moroccanista is just looking for friends.

Please avoid off topic comments.

Thank you

No, on this thread, she mentioned "converts". That's not "friends" in general.  But something rather specific. I'm not sure she knows the meaning of it, hence I asked her, and her only. Another person on this thread also wasn't entirely sure what she was looking for. No need for anyone else to butt-in and make a scene out of nothing. There is a report button for a reason...if they don't like my question, report it. It will be removed if it's off-topic/inappropriate. It hasn't, so let her respond & clarify what exactly she wants. Simple as.

Hello. My name is Anas, From Morocco, i'm 22. I will travel to london in 30 january for a period of  6 months. to learn English. you are a new muslim ?

I was a convert until I developed rational thought. I am currently a non-Muslim married into a Muslim family. Still open to talk if you wish.

Hi there how are you? Are u still living in lpndon. Would u loke to meet up? Regards

Londonlad007 wrote:

Hi there how are you? Are u still living in lpndon. Would u loke to meet up? Regards

Hi Londonlad007

Welcome to the Forum :)

Please note that is a very old thread and the poster has not commented in over 3 years, so its very unlikely to get a response.

If you would like to make some friends, I suggest making a fresh post.

SimCityAT
Expert Team