Looking for Digi TV/UPC Direct/Hello HD card supplier

Hello,

I'm looking for Digi TV, UPC Direct or Hello HD viewing card supplier. I want to watch Hungarian channels from satellite. I need somebody to order, send decoder and/or card to Poland and pay for the service monthly or quarterly.

UPC Direct would be easier for me and supplier because, there's no need to buy dedicated decoder. Digi TV card have to be used with dedicated decoder.

woodland wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for Digi TV, UPC Direct or Hello HD viewing card supplier. I want to watch Hungarian channels from satellite. I need somebody to order, send decoder and/or card to Poland and pay for the service monthly or quarterly.

UPC Direct would be easier for me and supplier because, there's no need to buy dedicated decoder. Digi TV card have to be used with dedicated decoder.

Why would you want to watch Hungarian channels from Poland?

Maybe that's a stupid question as Polish TV is appalling (who thought up that ridiculous Lektor business?). 

Incidentally, you can get Duna TV without a card as it's FTA (Free To Air) and seems to work nearly everywhere. You might also be able to get MTV2 and MTV2 as well. I seem to remember seeing them as FTA on satellite.

Actually, it's not me who want to watch this... I have a friend in Canada, who want to watch this, and I'm only the middleman. I'm setting up satellite receiver in Poland, and he will watch Hungarian TV over the Internet.

Anyway, I need one of those cards to do this. If somebody want to help me, please PM me.

I think MTV1 and MTV2 are available online directly. I have no idea about RTL Klub etc. I do not watch Hungarian TV.

Another way of doing it is like this....

The way I access UK TV streaming is to use a VPN. Most UK TV is blocked geographically because of the rights issue nonsense - intended for UK viewers only. However, with a VPN, I just connect over the Internet to the VPN Server and then I can watch streamed programmes or live channels directly. I can also watch US and Canadian TV directly the same way.

My friend want to watch regular (with commercials ;) and DVR)  satellite TV form Hungary.

I know about VPN's and proxy server, but (I may be wrong) Hungarian TV does not have something like BBC iPlayer.

woodland wrote:

My friend want to watch regular (with commercials ;) and DVR)  satellite TV form Hungary.

I know about VPN's and proxy server, but (I may be wrong) Hungarian TV does not have something like BBC iPlayer.

Yes, you're probably right. I doubt there's a huge demand for incoming VPNs to HU for these kinds of services (unlike the other way).

"szocske" in these forums is probably the person to ask.

I guess you'll be aiming for the Slingbox or perhaps streaming using VLC. I've tried those before with variable results. Proxy is not very good and is easily blocked. The VPN is definitely the better choice. Zattoo (Swiss?) used to stream some other UK channels but that's disappeared due to yet more rights issue nonsense from the UK. You might find a Zattoo like service from HU that satisfies your requirements.

Fluffy, who's terminating those VPNs in those countries for you?
I even signed up for a paying VPN service in the US when Hulu was new, but somehow it never worked for extended periods of viewing.

I'll only be interested in the winter when we don't spend every second outdoors, so there's no rush :-)

BTW the official Hungarian broadcast streams are horribly compressed and go blank every time there's a movie or some sporting event they don't have the rights to broadcast on-line.

So a home-made relay makes a lot of sense.
Except the digital decoders will only decode one station at a time, and "flipping channels" will be inconvenient. Woodland, you may need as many subscriptions (-> smartcards) as many channels you wish to stream.

Edit:
I just saw your last response Fluffy, very flattering, but I only know the same technical part of things everyone else does, and no secret sources, as we are not much interested in Hungarian TV.

Oh, and I don't think there's any region limiting on the official streams as they are specifically intended for Hungarians abroad.

Oh2: and there's DVB-T broadcast in Hungary now, that might be a simpler source!

szocske, check trustedproxies.com or VISSVPN.

I need only one card. Only my friend will be using it, so he will be changing channels on his own decoder.

Thanks for the tips!

So will you be tuneling the encrypted streams to Canada for him to decode the one he wants to watch???
Or have him remotely flip channels on your decoder with an IRDA transmitter?

I will setup a receiver with card in Poland and Slingbox to stream TV and control this receiver with IR blaster.

szocske wrote:

Fluffy, who's terminating those VPNs in those countries for you?
I even signed up for a paying VPN service in the US when Hulu was new, but somehow it never worked for extended periods of viewing.

I'll send you a PM with the address. If I "advertise" it too widely, there will be pressure to block it. Some services in the UK already block the VPN

szocske wrote:

So a home-made relay makes a lot of sense.
Except the digital decoders will only decode one station at a time, and "flipping channels" will be inconvenient. Woodland, you may need as many subscriptions (-> smartcards) as many channels you wish to stream.

This is actually what I do but with no smartcards. I use multiple methods to reach different channels. There's no single solution. What I usually do with Iplayer is download the favourite programmes and watch them later anyway.

szocske wrote:

I just saw your last response Fluffy, very flattering, but I only know the same technical part of things everyone else does, and no secret sources, as we are not much interested in Hungarian TV.

I thought perhaps as you are speaking Hungarian you'd have more insight into the local possibilities. My Hungarian language skills are pretty hopeless.

szocske wrote:

Oh2: and there's DVB-T broadcast in Hungary now, that might be a simpler source!

I think it doesn't help unless it's just more screen capture.