Moving to Malta " I know same topic over and over again" sorry :)

Hi, my name is Simon. I live in the UK, I moved here in 2006. Back then I was a student, BA in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies then a Master in Interpreting English/Italian. Had various jobs after that, now I am currently working as a reward agent and translator for an american company near Northampton. Me and my housemate decided to moved to Malta as we are both quite tired of living in the Uk and we really need a change. We have been to Malta a few times, I am sicilian so always been fascinated by the beauty, lifestyle of the island and the people. Therefore, made up our mind and decide to move as soon as possible. Of course we will have to give up our jobs and look for another one over there. We were also planning to do a course in web designing and web development or game designer once there. We were also thinking to get a TEFL qualification so that we could find something as english teachers for the time being, meanwhile have time to study as the course it's once a week, evening class at the ICE Malta.

By reading your blog I have noticed that you have plenty of suggestions to give to users and I was wondering if anyone could be so kind to guide me/us through the process of moving to Malta and give us more informations, suggestions on what to do and how to do it.

Do you also think finding a job would be hard? I know they won't certainly fall from the sky but perhaps as many of you already live and work there, there is a chance that you could know what's the best move for us.

Read this: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Thank you very much for your reply, I will read it through.

Once again thanks

Simo

Hi Simo,

I have recently moved to Malta, so I know what is it like. I just started blog to give few tips about getting an apartment, job, legal documents (for EU citizens), etc.

So check my web vevesworld.com/malta/ and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. In section travel I am posting also weekend escapes, so it is not all just serious stuff. So have a look and let me know if you have more questions.

Hope you will enjoy it.

Love V ;)

Hi Veronika,

thank you very much for the reply. i will definitely check your block. I am gathering as many info as I can. As you guys said it's a big move but we are quite ready, of course not straightaway but soon enough.
So looking forward to be there :)