Surman

hello...just want to ask what is special about the place Surman, Libya...how many hours drive is this from tripoli...
thanks

Hi

I live near it. Nothing special, unless you 're assigned to work there, not sure where though.

-It's close to sebrata (east)
- about 35 mins drive from Tripoli (West), 50 km, I think.

If you need anything, just let me know.

Haithem

is there any beach resorts there? what is the name of the place just in case...thanks

Hi

Beach resorts are in Sebrata, which like 5 mins a way from Surman. very close
Generally, Sebrata has tourist village, one in particular, which is secured, private beach, food, entertainment...etc
Not sure about the pricing per night, but last time I checked was 210 lyd per night for 2 bed beach house.

- other places to go is the ancient ruins in sebrata.

Hope this helps
Haithem

so there is a resort here in Libya?..where?..is it Talil Hotel?

Telil is one. I think there's another one, not sure if was targeting non libyans as Telil though.

thanks for the info, haithem...

i would be going there thru a taxi, what place specifically will i tell the driver? if u know it in arabic, it would be much help...

Hi

I just found this page which (if you speak arabic) should provide everything you need to make the trip for Dar Telill.

http://www.elksad.com/lofiversion/index … 39060.html

It has photos, prices, phone numbers..etc (try google translator)

For those who don't speak Arabic;

I called Dar Telleil this morning, they advised to make the booking though a travel agent to avoid disappointments!, then you can make the trip.
Prices: according to the link, it is 175 lyd for single bed bungalow, 280 lyd for two and 560lyd for 4

This is the phone number for Africana travel agency to book before you leave
0213345038 – 0213345039 , they are based near Al Kadisia big roundabout.

These are Dar Tellil phone numbers, 0233643008 - 0233643009
not sure if they speak English, but i think they should.
Also I asked them if Africana speak English, they said Yes.

So, give them a call, if you don't manage to get a booking , let me know and I call them for yaa.

Haithem

ok..nice one...thanks