ONE MONTH IN BRAZIL AS TOURIST

Hello guys!
Hope everybody is doin' well.
I'm bit careful yet excited goin there, i'm in Kuwait right now, and my first time to visit Brazil this June 18...to spend my one month vacation. First, my priority to get there is to watch the Football match. Then visit beautiful scenes of the country.

Right now, I feel uneasy because of the following;
1.  I don't know to choose or not the country side area to live in 4 star hotels, are they cheap or worth it
2. Or I will choose hotels that are near Rio, which in balloon price right now because of the season.
3. Which places you can suggest to leave in and enjoy the top places of Brazil.
4. How much money should I bring?
5. Where should I leave there in most affordable prices, dorms? etc? Are they safe?
6. Is Bus good there for travel instead taking Taxi?

Oh, Thank you for those who will give attention.

Hello GMMD2020,

If you have not already got accommodations in Rio, you will probably have extreme difficulty in finding any now. Everything has been booked up for many months. You may actually need to look somewhere quite distant from Rio, perhaps São Gonçalo, Maricá, or even further.

Since accommodations will possibly cost you around R$450 per night you're going to need around R$1500 per day to cover that and all your other expenses. (about US$750 per day)

Public transportation will probably be chaotic at best anywhere in Brazil during World Cup, but it will certainly cost much less than taxis. Use public transportation where you can and keep taxi use to a minimum.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hello All,

@GMMD2020 : For a start you could also read the Living in Brazil Guide. You may gather information on the country important to you.

Thanks to William James for his precious infos.

Regards

Kenjee

At first big thanks to Mr. James and Kenjee, checking the link right now.

750 usd I think is about to explode, how that come? I
I read some 10 br of rooms? would that be possible? these are around countryside only.

Most hotel rooms in any of the World Cup host cities average around R$450 (US$ 225) many cost much more than this still. A simple meal (prepared plate) will cost around R$25, food at any of the stadiums well, R$15 just for a hotdog and a beer. Transportation costs, taxis, bus/train/subway, entertainment, and other expenses all mount up. If you think you can get by on less than R$1500 (US$750) per day during World Cup, good luck!!! Prices are twice as high as during Carnaval, which is the most expensive period of the year in Brazll.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Was too kind of you Mr. William.

How about living outside the near areas of World Cup, I mean here the countryside areas.
Maybe this could be cheaper than near ones, then I would go for bus or subway, I'm not in rush there just plainly to watch the Cup and leisure for a month.

My next question is are these countryside areas are safe? Can you give which you can think countryside is safe. I'm planning to watch the game not in one area only.

I'm so thankful for your so much help.