Has anybody ever seen snow in Brazil ?

I was wondering myself if any of you ever seen snow in Brazil . Every year when winter comes in the south hemisphere I begin thinking how some times I miss those moments spent in front of the fire while outside the snow is falling . Sometimes I went searching for snow in the southern states of Brazil ,on top of the Santa Catarina`s hills or Rio Grande do Sul  but never had the chance of seeing this happen , this rare thing " Snow in Brazil " . I really loved the weekends in Gramado & Canela , but no such thing as snow . Some tell me that in the SC hills like Urubici and others little towns it really snows  and when it happens it's the top news in TV . Until that happens to me , " cotton snow "in the Shopping Mall and air conditioning it's what I get , and that's awesome to   :) .

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc301/Rafaelhmf/Gramadoneve.jpg

It probably snows at least once or twice somewhere in southern Brazil each year, snow is not that rare of an event. What is rare is for snow to ACCUMULATE like in the photo above, taken in São Francisco de Paula (near Gramado), Rio Grande do Sul in 2006.

What is much more common in many places throughout the southern parts of this country every year a cold temperatures that cause heavy frosts to accumulate and look like it has been snowing.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Great picture ,perfect temperature for a cup of hot chocolate  :) or some italian red whine ...

What? You forgot to include the traditional Brazilian "quentinho"????   Shame on you Claudio!!!   :lol:

Oh my goodness you're right !!! How could I forget the " quentinho " ?! The best ! :top:
Reminds me of the mulled wine from the north Italy or how they call it " Vin Brule` " , very good ... :)

Yep, mulled wine was a winter favorite in Canada too, along with all the other goodies you mentioned. I wasn't introduced to the "quentinho" by my Brazilian friends back home, but got to enjoy it after coming here. I almost think I'd have given up the traditional hot chocolate during a day of skating or skiing had the "quentinho" been readily available in Canada.  :)

http://maisro.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/vista-do-restaurante.jpg

You shuld try the "quentinho" from the Snowland in Gramado , it`s great ...  :top:

@ClaudioD Never Seen It!, Never Want To! I live in Northeastern Brazil where it is 84 degrees ALL YEAR ROUND. i was born in Rhode Island where it almost always snows. I still get NBC4 Weather Alerts from my time in Maryland.  I can see their weather forecast on a daily basis on my I Phone. That's as close as I want to get to seeing snow again.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg