Moving to Bahrain

Hi All,
I am an architect working in New Delhi,India.
I am considering moving to Bahrain.Is it safe for girls?Are the people quite liberal?What kind of running expenses am I looking at?

Hi Himanshi,

Bahrain is a very safe country. So no worries at all if you are considering to move here.

By the way, read this guide prepared by Brightonguy and Josnuggles.
It is very useful and gives an idea about life in Bahrain:
Expat.com Guide for new expats

thanku so much...
I will go through it.. :)

I've been to Bahrain three times now and have considered it very safe indeed. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to live there anytime soon but I'm going out with a uni friend again this year. Looking forward to it.

great!!

Bahrain is a very safe place for expatriates from any country. it is very accommodating and the cost of living is relatively lower compared to countries like Qatar or UAE where the cost of leasing an apartment is very high. Bahrain is not a very fancy city like Dubai but it has all the facilities. Good schools, medical facilities, getting work done here is a breeze.

Don't worry and come to Bahrain.. Your family will definitely like it here.

Cheers.

Bahrain is safe for everyone and it's one of the most liberal countries in the GCC.

Nothing more to add. I agree with everyone's view. Bahrain is quite safe and liberal.

For running costs, I suggest you take a look at the various discussion we have had on this matter in the recent past, and once you have had a chance to go through these, please feel free to come back with specific questions. here's the link to the cost of living discussions: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337348