What to bring to Bahrain?

For all you expats over there that wished you would have brought something to Bahrain that you miss from back home and just can't find it in the stores over there, what would it be?

I have two weeks before the movers get here to pick up some last minute luxury items to add to my shipment.

I absolutely can't think of anything really. I mean I struggle to find a Decaf tea but I am sure it's for sale on somewhere. You can buy everything you need, but if you are into computer games and DVDs, get them in your home country (I don't know where you will be coming from), but it is likely to be expensive over here than in your home country.

If your like reading particularly in self learning you will find it difficult to buy modular books.. i was searching for English grammar book and i cant find it until now, anyways. that's on my side.. have you though about medication drugs you might find it difficult here to buy drugs for specific medication.

masonskids wrote:

For all you expats over there that wished you would have brought something to Bahrain that you miss from back home and just can't find it in the stores over there, what would it be?

I have two weeks before the movers get here to pick up some last minute luxury items to add to my shipment.

There is lots I miss.

Blistex

Dishwashing brushes where you fill the handles with washing up liquid

Refill for the above dishwasher brushes

Coco Shreddies

Makeup is also really expensive here so you are best to stock up before you move.

Also check your favourite perfumes and cosmetics. They can't be shipped in via Aramex etc so you need to bring them in your case.

If you are on prescription meds then get 3 months worth and bring them with you too

Thanks for all the input.  Keep it coming!

Well, how's your packing going? You said the mowers are going to be there in two weeks, about two weeks ago from now so they should be nearly there, if not there already. I remember my packing process was painful. Painful enough that I just came with 2 suitcases. Which was more than enough.

One more advice, we always talk about Bahrain being hot and boiling and all that, but nowadays it gets a bit chilly at nights so ensure you have a jacket with you - or get one here if you can't be bothered carrying one :)