Salary of a teacher at jeddah international school

i need the help to get an idea about the salary at jeddah...the house rent and food, transportation expanse...is 5000 riyal will be feasible without covering the accommodation, food, transport and the child school fee...I will be thankful to your responses.
regards

i think you need to make a more increase..

thank you so much for your suggestion... kindly tell me about how much increase because i do not have any idea about jeddah life..as I am a single parent and I have to bear all living expanses me and my daughter including her education also...I will be thankful for your more concern...
regards

6,000 - 7,000 Sar will be a good start. 5000 is a little low..

riffat it depends on how u spend mainly. i guess its ok between 5-7k as long as ur not being with ur kid here. Most schools facilitated with a kindergarden for their teachers. 5 k is not too lttl however u will be able to meet the poles nothing will be left in ur hands.
the housing and yearly ticket will be (should be) upon ur school. make sure its mentioned in the contract. The time of schools usually till 2.30 pm. you can find some extra income by doing some additional jobs according to your talent.

jeddah international school offered you 5000 SAR, whaaat??

i am so much thankful to you actually i am keep on asking from other peoples too and according to them the accommodation is too expensive beside the transport so I have to demand a bit raise in salary to afford accommodation, transport, food and my kid 50% tuition fee as well....anyhow from the bottom of my heart again i am thankful to u. :)

5000 riyal...but accommodation, food and transport

5000 riyal but no accommodation, food and transport and only 50% off tuition fee of my daughter

no i will be living with my daughter in jeddah in future...so it wouldnt be difficult for me to bear the expanses of accommodation, food, transport and 50% tuition fee of my kid over there?

Its wrong i guess. The transportation should be provided by the school. The point is that many are not aware about it. you should demand for ur rights. other wise they will exploit u. Do u already have an offer from any particular school?

Hi Riffat, negotiate for more and make sure the offer is genuine.
One important thing, life for a single parent is really tough here.

Hi Riffat,
Things to look for in the contract:
1. Base salary...for you and a dependent- $6500-8000.
2. Does the school offer housing?  Or even have a discount at some place?  If housing is not provided, you need them to provide 3xbase monthly pay as your annual housing allowance.  ask the school to sign the lease...this way, if you need to leave early, you are not tied down.
3. Transportation:  MUST be provided to/from work....AND a driver on call to take you shopping, etc.  You cant drive here...and Taxis costs add up fast.  You can also ask for a "taxi" allowance.
4.  Tickets home and vacation...many schools don't support vacations outside school holidays...demand the cost of two tickets (for you and your daughter).....if they won't, then demand that they give you a lump sum for your ticket (payable over 12 months if they want)....this allows you to search for best deal to make the money last....
5.  daughters school share...negotiate hard....raised salary going back into their pockets....
6.  Finally, someone mentioned...correctly, that through selective tutoring, you can make a lot of extra money...
What grade/subject do you intend to teach...
Good Luck!

1. Base salary...for you and a dependent- $6500-8000.

dollars?

teachers don't get paid so high, not even western teachers in western schools here, or even in school in the west.

salary range of arab and asian teachers at international schools (not the western schools) here is 3k to 8k, but typically 4-5k.  and that's riyals, not dollars.

(western teachers in the western schools here get anywhere from 13k to 20k riyals, which is still far less than the lower end of the range you gave)

There are particular reasons too. Not all parents are rich to pay high fees for their kids. unlike in western society, not much child birth restrictions people practice here in their personal life. many parents have more than 3 kids. The increasing expenses for a school, in effect, the burden will come eventually on parents' shoulders. If the schools demanding for a high fee which make the parents in a financial crisis. There fore most schools appoint qualified house wives as for teachers and avoid any extra payments ( such as bonus, yearly ticket, vacation salary and medical etc) unlike a contract labour brought from outside.

It would be an hand to mouth.. :unsure

minimum SR 8000  will be suitable for in Jeddah life..everything is expensive here.and the housing is too expensive...

Sorry...meant SARs

hai .,
mrs. riffat
i had a friend named riffat who stayed with me in jeddah for a few years..
i always try to find her ,,,but unfortunately..didnt find...
i will be happy to know ,...have you everlived in jeddah before

please can any one help me to find my friend riffat tanveer...she is from karachi ..we stayed together in jeddah before 15 years..after that i dont have any contact with her even after i tried a lot ...

Hi everyone 👋 I am new here plz some one help me that how I can join the pisj ?

Hello muhammadijaz1208.

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that you have commented on an inactive thread.

If I correctly understood, you would like to work as a teacher PISJ?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team