Relocating to Perth

Hi there! I'm new to this site and forum and hope to get some advice or guidance from anyone reading this with similar experience :)

I'm a single executive and will be relocating to Perth next month. Got my visa approved last month and I start work in South Perth area on 26th July. So my plan is to get to Perth a week earlier to find a good short term accommodation instead of staying a month in hotel. I do need help with finding this short term place, and I've tried various websites for the past week but gosh, so many options! Cant really decide until i view the place myself.:/

Could someone advice if it is a good idea to stay in hotel for a week and look for short term place before i start the job?
Anyone who has moved to Perth before can pls advice how you did this, moving and finding place in Perth then get your stuffs moved?

Thanks much and hope to hear from you soon !! :)

Hi Bellissa, and welcome to Expat.com

Did you check out the Perth Classifieds -> Accomodation section?

Good luck in your new venture1 :)
Arlette

Hi Bellissa,

Did you try to negotiate with the company to provide temporary stay? That should be about 4 weeks and an agent to bring you around places. And your company should responsible for your removal fee.

If you're not a very fussy person, 2 weeks in temporary stay should be enough. Like you said, lots of option especially in South Perth, mostly apartment type depends on your budget.
You can check on realestate.com.au, aussiehome.com.au and reiwa.com.au. I just found a nice cosy cottage thru one of these

Good luck.

Hi Arlette, thanks for your reply. Yes, I've checked out the Perth classifieds but didnt find much. Will keep searching tho, many thanks.

Hi FranJS, thank you for your feedback. Well the company does provide relocation allowance, but doesnt provide any temp accom. They did however give me suggestions to look into those websites that you've mentioned. And as I said before, great way to search but too many options! :)

I guess I'll be staying at hotel first, and see reviews via Tripadvisor.com. Then later once in Perth, I'll do my accommodation search.. as it would be good to see the places with my own eyes and not just the web pictures.. before booking. Thanks again for your kind tots! have a great day! :)

hi belisa,

what job will you be doing in Perth? how did you know about it?

Hi Bellissa,
How long did the visa application process take for you?
Thanks!