What to do?....such a rhetorical question

Hey Gals & Guys,

I am living in Shanghai, but thinking about moving to Beirut.
Shanghai is a fantastic place but sometimes...actually most of the time I just can't breathe here and quite rare one can see the blue sky.

Please tell me if you are happy living in Lebanon.
What are the disadvantages and advantages of being in Beirut?

Thank you

hi natashak,

look, i'm living here in beirut , i can tell you that lebanon is beautiful country, in your case you may work in beirut but if you really want to breath a pure air i advice you to live little bit far from beirut prefered in a moutain area to be high from the city and the sea, there is different areas interresting.

but you should know that transport might cause a trouble for you , because then you should have your own car while public transport is not really practic. you should also learn to drive in lebanon :)

so look, as i can see , to move to another country you must have a kind of benifit , don't do it if there is not : for instance if the experience benifit is interresting then you can come, but i advice you to look at the money side, if you are working in a multinational company and you have your same salary or a western salary it's still good to come, but if will be hired by a local company i immagine that your salary will be small and to allow your to live a good quality of life as in shanghai because here life is expensive ,and this is the major problem.

i lived in japan, my first monthe i did a lot of tourrism and i payd many things, many days at hotel and rent an appart, i paid maybe arround 1500 euros in one month . but later i notciced that life can be either expensive or cheap, food wich is the most expensive in japan , can be also cheap.

in every country , i you do your research to find cheap places will find.

anyway, lebanon is very beautiful, but it needs some reforms in laws and its application.

i can't describe all advantages and disadvantages in a mail because there is many

good luck

Thank you Bernardinhio,

I am going to stay in Beirut for 2 weeks in the beginning of July, to see if I actually want to live there.

It would be fantastic if we could meet up for a coffee and to chat a bit.

hi natashak,

how are u , so i will give u my email, yes whay not sometimes when both connected we can chat.
i think there's 7 hours late here so when it will be 5 PM here in china it must be arround 0h or 23h i don't know.

mine is [email protected], u can send me something to get yours.

bye