Finding more information about my Lebanese father

Good morning,

I was born and raised in France, raised by a single mother, herself French. My father, a Lebanese who studied medicine in Grenoble, returned to Lebanon in the spring of 1982, a few months before I was born. I have had absolutely no news from him or his family. I'm not even sure if he is still alive, and - if he is - if he still resides in Lebanon. Having his surname and a year of birth, as well as meager information concerning his family ancestry, can I hope to obtain more from the Lebanese authorities, and if so how?

Thanks in advance

@flop78

that's pretty easy, you don't need authorities help, because he's a doctor as you said. Just google his name with Dr. in front of it including Lebanon in your search

Dr. xxxxxxx Lebanon

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I tried that, no result.

I have absolutely no idea what village my father comes from...I just know that his name is Samir Mortada, that he is of the Shiite faith and that his family occupied the traditional settlement areas of his community (North Bekaa, south Beirut, south Lebanon, etc.)

He was planning to go to Canada, but I have absolutely no idea if this project came to fruition. No mention of a hospital or liberal practitioner in his name in Lebanon or abroad

I also know that one of his brothers was allegedly executed in May 1981 by the Kataeb at Beirut airport.

I went to Lebanon two years ago and I was able to converse with some locals bearing his surname or being affiliated to it by alliance, but without gleaning the slightest information concerning him. I'm willing to resolve to his disappearance but I would like to have confirmation

@flop78 Let's assume your father had children, there's a high chance, one of his sons is also a doctor. There's a dentist with the name Zein Samir Mortada.

good luck

hi .can u plz provide me his full name and from where in lebanon?

@laroshaa I didn't get it. Are you related to the topic?

yap

@laroshaa is your question addressed to me or to flop78 ?

@marwan00738 for the dad who searching for

I see, flop78 already mentioned his father's name "Samir Mortada" he doesn't know exactly the region, but he assumed Bekaa, south Lebanon and south Beirut.

I need full name this is not enough.