Living in Jeddah

Good day to all,

I'd like to have your opinions on a issue.
I have the opportunity to work in the Kingdom based in Jeddah.
The contract includes housing in a compound with utilities and all the usual benefits (like school for the kids, medical cover, etc).
In order to save some of the income I'd like to know if its possible for a 4 person family to live with around SAR 5,500 per month for car, petrol, groceries, etc.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, Aviator,

Based on my experience of Saudi Arabia (I left years ago and we were a family of 3 adults), you need a minimum of 10.000 Riyals, certainly if you have to rent or lease a car!

Hope this helps
Arlette

renting small car will cost you around 2000S.R to 3000S.R each month
if you have money you can buy a car
but the gas is cheap around 300S.R/month
i think company shuld provide car for you
if they do indeed yes you can enjoy your life with 5500/month and save some

It depends on life style you adopt, Instead of renting a car you can buy your own, you can easily get that on installments. People here are surviving with families in lowers salaries like 4000 also.

aviator73 wrote:

Good day to all,

I'd like to have your opinions on a issue.
I have the opportunity to work in the Kingdom based in Jeddah.
The contract includes housing in a compound with utilities and all the usual benefits (like school for the kids, medical cover, etc).
In order to save some of the income I'd like to know if its possible for a 4 person family to live with around SAR 5,500 per month for car, petrol, groceries, etc.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Aviator

Not including your accomodation, medical, and kids tuition fees, I think you can easily make it with the 5500 SAR. Groceries and petrol are cheap, and the rest can be wasted on shopping and going out!