Planing to Migrate to Northern Territory........Need help and Advise

Well I am Hotelier/Hospitality Professional with a vast experience in restarant business. Keeping in view that there is an opportunity in Northern Territory in terms of Restaurant/Cafe Managers. I am thinking of migrating to Australia/NT.

Can someone help in this regard. Is anyone currently living there can share first hand knowledge in terms of job market and cost of living.

Looking forward.

Ali

alisaadat wrote:

Well I am Hotelier/Hospitality Professional with a vast experience in restarant business. Keeping in view that there is an opportunity in Northern Territory in terms of Restaurant/Cafe Managers. I am thinking of migrating to Australia/NT.

Can someone help in this regard. Is anyone currently living there can share first hand knowledge in terms of job market and cost of living.

Looking forward.

Ali

You will first have to apply for a visa. This website www.immi.gov.au will give you all the information regarding applying.
Companies will not hire you unless you have a visa as it is illegal for them to do so and if they are caught they will be fined thousands of dollars and you will be deported permanently. 
Unemployment is rising so companies will hire locals first. The cost of hiring someone from another country is very high and the company is responsible for them whilst they are in the country.

Cost of living is very high here in Australia and tax rate is high also. It is number 6 of the top 10 highest taxed countries in the world.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Thank you for your reply and the information, much appreciated.................

I am in a process filing my immigration and during the course I would like to gather as much information as I can to second my decision of moving to a whole new world.

May I ask if you belong to Darwin and can guide my more about that part of the planet. I have visited a lot many websites and have gathered some information but interacting with someone who lives there can be an ideal source of information.

Looking forward

I will be moving to Darwin as well in June .....so its interesting to hear what people have to say on this thread .