Any Foreigners in Warsaw? :-)

Welcome to Expat.com Santosh! :)

Hey, nice to hear dat,
i M Foreigner here, just came last wekk for doctral research work here, nd wud be happy to go around, if u wud speak little polish nd english, as I dont speak polish so need someo0ne to go around nd I m fine if u can speak english
:)

Hi everyone :)
I moved  from Britain to Warsaw a year ago to live with my Polish boyfriend. I'm really interested in meeting other English speaking people to help make life a little bit more fun and interesting, as I'm finding it hard to make friends here :(                                                                                                                  Are there any meet ups or anything going on at the moment, as I'd love to hang out and meet new people!? :) If you are interested or know of any meetings, please send me an email, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)

Well, there is my group of foreigners, all proficient English language speakers. The Dutch guy has better vocabulary than I!

We are not the life of the party types: no alcoholics or dancing under lampshades. We're a mix of about 15 men and women who meet in each others' homes to play role-playiong games and have dinner together.  We meet as strangers but after we play together for a while, we hang out as friends. We go out to the occassional movie night.

I guess because we have something in common other than sitting at home watching the paint peel, sipping Chardonnay and crying. Or maybe not.. you can never tell with creative people!

We tend not to bitch and whine because we're usually able to redirect our energies onto our shared activity. Role-playing games are like storytelling games. If you have heard of the game Dungeons and Dragons, then you have heard of an RPG. There is no financial barrier whatsoever to enjoy this hobby, except two bus tickets twice a month to attend the game. 

Anyway, we're a fun bunch. I am the active recruiter for the group so you're not apt to hear about us from anyone but me. That is a shame because I will be going off the Internet until DECEMBER - it can take a while to get services done in Warsaw, Poland.... tho not as bad as it once was when I first arrived: six months for a telephone!

The group has been together for 2 years. It's not a flash mob. There is always a friendly face to meet new people.

Polish for foreigners
Low prices, experienced teachers, lessons from 50 zł (45 minut)

hi to all :)
i am azim. 27 year from iran and i will coming to poland in next year to stude in medicine!
my yahoo ID is:  abzedta
i like to learn polish language!

hi there, javed here. i used to live in Uk, recently i am in spain. but soon i will be in poland. i would love to meet such frenz who cud speak english. coz i donŽt understand or speak any other language. hope to hearing from you very soon.

thanks and regards, javed.

Hello everyone
I'm 29 year old polish woman who lives in Warsaw. I lived in Las Vegas and Seattle before. My parents still live in USA so now I've been travelling between Poland and USA.
I hope my mum will move to Poland soon :)
I left some friends in USA. My old, polish friends have moved to different countrys all over the world so I feel a little lonely now. I would love to meet some nice and interesting people here :)))

Hi, i would like to meet people to expand my horizon with, learn new ways of doing things.I am always interrested in others and how they look at life.(And ofcourse we can also just chill and drink some vodka, lol)

Let me know.

HI

Hello,

ive been living in Warsaw for about 2months now. So far its been a bit off, i was bust not making friends so if anyone interested to meet up contact me.

id be happy to share a drink or two and not have to drill into my brain to respond in polish for once.

A

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Italy and living in Warsaw. I would like to meet other expat living in Warsaw. I find polish people very friendly but the language makes things difficult. It would be great to meet other English speakers (or Italians :)) to extend the circle of known people. I travel often for work therefore I can't spend every day in Warsaw. My polish classes are also delayed due to my travelling but step by step things improve. May be we could also try to learn polish by meeting other people. Feel free to drop me a line…

Cheers,
Flavio

Hi everyone ;)

I'm from Ukraine, but living in Germany for 2 months) I'm moving to Warsaw this summer with my husband. Hope to meet new friends! :)

Best regards)
Oksana

Dear Marta

The question is 'any foreiners in Warsaw' NOT are the any 'Polish people in the capital of Poland'............ Please Please use a different forum

:rolleyes: Not sure I've understood.

Hi everyone!

My name is Oksana, I'm 22 years( almost 23)) Next week I'm moving to Warsaw with my husband! It's a big challenge for us! But I like this city!
Hope to meet new friends here ;)

I have so many plans to do in Warsaw))) first to learn polish)) but it is simillar to my native language)) so hope that wont'be a problem for me)) I can speak english, russian, ukrainian and a little bit German.
Also I'm also looking for a job opportunity in Warsaw.

I will be glad to meet new people in Warsaw!
So let's get in touch!

Regards,
Oksana :)

Hi All,

I am also the one who lived for a long time abroad and came back to Poland one day. As I wanted to stay in touch with foreigners I organise city walks in Warsaw for expats. You can find us on FB as "Addicted To Warsaw".

CU you:)
P.

HOLA VIVO EN ARGENTINA. EN TU PERFIL LEI QUE TE GUSTARIA VENIR A ESTE PAIS. SI TE INTERESA Y QUERES TENER INFORMACION DE ESTE HERMOSO PAIS MANDAME UN MENSAJE QUE TE AYUDARE.
BESOS

@nicolayvc - Could you please write in english on this Anglophone forum and lower caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

(moderated: off topic + Expat.com is not a dating website)

Hey nice to meet you here.

I have an offer in warsaw poland, but i am freeked out since i am coming alone, how will be the situation over there.

Please some one who speak english, reply.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hello Santhosh > why don't you start a new topic on the Warsaw forum for more visibility?

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi cristine,

You live in warsaw poland? if so please write me to [email protected]

I have couple of quires to be asked with.

Looking forward for your mail.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hello Santhosh. ;)

Christine forms part of the Expat.com Team.

You should follow her advice and start a new thread on the Warsaw forum with your questions. This will allow more visibility and better interaction.

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: No free ad pls + post in Classifieds section]

Hi Piotrek,

What's on the agenda in the next few weeks in terms of the trips around Warsaw?

Kind regards,
Ania

Hi Marta,

As I am in a similar situation to the one you were in - can you give me any tips pls? ;-) Have you found any places worth going in to meet people?

I'd appreciate.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,
Ania

yeah its big cultural shock.... :(

haha indeed:D

Hello Everyone.
This is Javed. I am from India. I am staying in Warsaw from last 2 months. Now enjoying summer here :-)

hi Asgy, I'm indian and married to a Pole, have been living here for 3 years.  One of our close friends is a Polish lady (a Spanish teacher) who married a mexican about 18 years ago and they've been in Warsaw ever since.  Would you like to meet up with them?

hello dear.Im planning to come to Poland,I was wondering if I could get intouch with you.
thanx

hello dear.Im in the same situation,my university is sending me in warsaw university for one year and my condtion is the same,the picture created here is not so good,speacially not knowing the language and people are unfriendly..its terrifying ..pleas let me know if you are already there,pl inbox me .thanx

[Moderated: Post your advert in the Warsaw Classifieds.]

Hi! I'm polish, my name is Michał. I'm 24. 
I was born in Warsaw and I've been living here since then.
Whether you are new in Warsaw, you travel, need any help or just want to make friends feel free to contact me.
Although I'm not professional Polish teacher, I'm native speaker :) and I'd love to help you out with practicing Polish.
I speak English and Spanish.
You can contact me by:
email : m.pilitowski @ gmail .com
Michał

Hello,
I'm a bit late with my post :). Like other people on here I'm an exat Canadia/Polish looking to meet some english speakers. I miss the n.American culture, which is something lacking in Warsaw. Please let me know if there are any meetups, especially with other fellow Canadaians.
Cheers
Joanna

Helo Marta, Am Fr. Nathaniel Kagwima from Kenya ( Africa) and am a missionary under Consolata Missionaries, an international congregation from italy. I have 4 months in Poland and I have been posted here to work. We are four of us, An Italian, a Tanzanian, an Etheopian ( who speaks Spanish since he was in Colombia) and myself.. our common language though is Italian and English-- the other three speak Polish quite well, am still learning..
It will be a pleasure knowing you and adding the network of friendship especially with people who have a wider scope of integration and accomodation of the 'other' persons.. We are in Warszawa- Zoliborskie... all the best and be Blessed---

Hi

I dont live..in Wawa, but I go there once or twice a week for business.

I often stay over nite, and it would be nice to maybe we meet for a coffee or a drink.

I do not speak Polish...Only Scandinavian and English

Hi Joanna,

We just moved to Warsaw from New Zealand and looking to meet new people here.
We live in Mokotow but spend a lot of time in the city. Perhaps if you'd fancy to meet up somewhere in the city for a coffee and chat, let me know.
My number is 662 375 059, or just message me here.
Best regards
Ildikó Vaczy

Hi Guys
I am polish,just back in Poland after living 8 years abroad.Let me know if you want to get in touch;))cheers;)Edyta