Any Foreigners in Warsaw? :-)

Hi to All,

Hope to meet you soon.

I am Polish born & raised, and kind of puzzled living in my homecountry at the moment. I've spent majority of my youth outside PL - literally returning to Warsaw few weeks ago, having lived earlier in Switzerland, UK, Spain, Canary Islands, Hong Kong, New Zealand .....

If you are happy meeting me for whatever purpose, I would be absolutely more than glad to doze off speaking with foreigners in Poland :-)

Hope to hear from All.
Cheers Xxx

I've heard other people describe that sort of culture shock of returning home to Poland after living abroad awhile.  I'm not sure how long it takes to wear off, if it ever does.  In the meantime, I'm sure there are a few other foreigners living in Warsaw (I don't personally know of any, but I'm sure they're around - lots of Canadians, I think:)

Brad

Hello Marta Barbara,
I was born in Poland and spent most of my adult life outside of Poland, a few years in China and 18 years in Canada (Toronto, North York, Richmond Hill). I have recently returned to Poland... I find it puzzling too...
I live in Warsaw. I would love to get in touch with you.
Hang in there!
Joanna

I live in Warszawa, i come from Spain and i work here. I will stay here for several years so i am sure we will meet. I came last week and dont know nobody here yet but i am sure it will be funny to live here.

Hi Marta/Barbara (?) and to everybody elese who is new in Warsaw, like myself, a bit lonely and up for some fun, good chats, common activities, whatever ...
Why don't we simply get together for a chat? I would be delighted to meet people with common interest!
PM me your mobile number - I will get in touch with you!
Meanwhile: anybody have a suggestion for a nice and not too loud place for a first get-together? Post it here and we will see!
Cheers!

I am Indian in Warsaw. Please email me at [email protected], I need some freinds who speak English desperetealy, any ethnicity

Hello everybody! I'm a mexican girl currently living in Warsaw. I'm on a 6-month business trip and I'll be staying here till November of this year. I'm also interested in meeting new people, specially English and Spanish speakers! I don't really speak any other languages, but I'm trying to learn German...
Marta and also those who would like to chat, meet up, etc., be sure to send me a message!

Cheers!
Astrid

Hi Marta (or Barbara?),
I'm Italian and tomorrow it will be one week since I moved to Warsaw for work...
I would be very happy to meet you or anyonelse interested to make new friends.

See you soon, hopefully!
:)

hey everyone, my name is Maria, or Marysia (polish style) I'm actually moving to Warsaw in one month and will be there indefinitely. If any meetings are going on, I would love to join at that time. Currently I live in the USA.

Hi everyone!

I'm Bulgarian and have been living for some time in Warsaw and I just love the city:) I would be happy to meet some new people, so anybody who feels like making new friends is welcomed. I'm fluent speaker of English, I know some Polish and native in Bulgarian.

Cheers =]
Svetlio

Hi everyone,

I am sure, in fact I know there are a lot of foreigners in Warsaw (I have lived here a year), finding them is not so easy....

Would be interested in meeting up with some like minded people though.

Hi All!

Welcome to Expat-Blog!:)

This platform will allow you to share your experiences with other members and interact with them.

All the Best!

Regards,
Sheetul.

Wow, I see a lot of new members here and everybody suggesting meeting up! What a good idea!
Maybe someone - knowing the town already - could start organizing something? Either picnic or visit to a famous place or just around a glass or dinner?
If I may advise, start a new topic with an easy recognizable subject such as : Expat.com meet up + a date + a theme...
When we see such a topic we pin them up at top of the forum for a better visibility!
and I wish you success with it!
Cheers
Arlette

Hi everyone

It's the holiday time here, so now work, and I'm pulling my hair out until the new semester starts. If you can meet up let me know and we grab a coffee one afternoon.

Regards

Ray

Hi, I'm new and I'm native polish. What about meeting? I would be happy having coffee or drink in your company.

I'm a Finn in Warsaw, I guess the only one of us in this forum... Am I? :)

Hello and a warm welcome to all new members :)
@rtved, apart from you there seems to be one more Finnish in Poland, you can check him out in the Network of Finnish expatriates in Poland.
Cheers
Arlette

I want to invite you all to Toastmasters meeting every Wednesday in Collegium Civitas (Palace of Culture 12th floor) where you can meet likeminded people and other expats living in Warsaw.
For more information please feel free to contact me personally.

Kind regards
Lech

Hi
I'll be in Warsaw in 2 wks time - plan to be there for a year. Need to share a flat (single room) with like-minded english-speaking person(s) young at heart. I'm a non-smoker big_smile

Hi Anji !

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

Check out : Warsaw classifieds. You could even post an ad there (Category - Accomodation).

Regards
Sheetul

(No free adverts)

Hi there. Did you actually had any meeting so far? I would be glad to join if such is taking place. I am also a foreigner in Warsaw, although here already 4 years.
Regards
Mina

Welcome to Expat.com, Mina :)

I'm sure that you'll be able to help other expats with information on how to go about to settle in Warsaw as you are a long-time expat there ;)

Regarding a meet-up, this is a really good idea! Why do you not propose to organize one? Best thing is to start a new topic on the subject with a fixed date and theme for the meet-up.

Hope you'll go forward with it as nowadays such Expat.com meet-ups get organized all over the world and get a nice success.

Cheers
Arlette

Mina,
if you are asking about language exchanges (that were unluckily considered an ad) then yes, we are meeting every Monday and each time have about 80 participants.
Find "Obiekt Znaleziony" on Google Maps and join us day after tomorrow from 7pm :)

Marta

Hey there Marta.... I Just moved here from Singapore 3 months ago.  Let me know if you want to catch up .... buzz me on +4878453 6977.  Cheers

Hey I'm a newbie here :) So here is some info...

Born in Poland but moved away when I was a baby to Canada! Lived there for 24 years and now I'm back for the first time in ages. I live outside Warsaw but travel there lots and will be moving there in roughly 5 months:)I can speak English and Polish. Oh and I'm 26! :)

I love the idea for the meet and greets proposed up top. However I see it has been a few months since those posts! lol

I'm always up for a good conversation, so if anyone has skype, it would be nice to speak some clean English lol

So lets get this skype train rollin...

hi everybody

jst came to warsaw. if anyone like to contact send me pm.

Arsh

Hi all ~
I'm a newbie to Expat-blog but quite old to Poland. I'm originally from South Korea, currently living in Warsaw and the year 2011 is gonna be my 6th year of staying in Poland. I speak Polish ,so I've been mostly with local people , as a result of which I don't know many foreigners here. I would love to get to know more people ,foreigners or Polish, to share experience of living in Poland with and talk to about just anything.:)
Feel free to drop me a line ;)
Greetings!

Welcome on board hesia ;)

So, please do not hesitate to participate & contribute in the different discussions in the Poland forum & Warsaw forum.

Thanks & see you soon on Expat-Blog

ansr wrote:

Mina,
if you are asking about language exchanges (that were unluckily considered an ad) then yes, we are meeting every Monday and each time have about 80 participants.
Find "Obiekt Znaleziony" on Google Maps and join us day after tomorrow from 7pm :)

Marta

Hi Marta,

I will appreciate more info about the meetings.
Do you really meet on regular basis?
I would love to join if there is still place for one more.
Katie

Hey everyone,
My name is Sola moved out from Amsterdam to warsaw 4 months ago.
Met only a handfull of people, but would be nice to meet new friends or more people. So reply for having a nice chat somewhere or just to hangout.

regards,

Hi !!

I am new in Warsaw, I am French and I am here to work.
I would love to meet some people here !
I was in Asia a couple of months ago and I meet very nice expat and local there.
So if you are interested, let me know !!

Pauline

Hey guys. When and where is the next expat meeting? Just got back from Boston and I'd like to join you.
Syl

Well to squeeze myself in here to be one in the crowd; I would be more than happy to join in some expat activities with you guy's.
Been living here for almost 6 months, would like to spend some time with people in same boat as me.

For the side note; 23 year old, bubbly easy going. Enjoy's most that life has to enjoy as in, culture, conversation movies and the list can go on.

Please give me an hint when something is on!

Just sign up to meetup.com/Coffee-Tea-and-English-Conversation-Club/

Hello friends I am from India. I do visit Poland from time to time. I will be in warsaw on 7-2-2011 for a day or 2. If expats would like to meet with me can be great as I am going to come there for 2 days. looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards

Hello Everyone :-)

I'm Polish but I have lived in London, England, for the past two years. Now I'm coming to Poland at the beginning of June. I'm looking for friends from Warsaw where I'd like to live in the near future, I'd love to meet some people with whom I could speak English cause English it's my passion :-)

Best regards :-)

Hi there,

I just moved from Australia to Warsaw with my partner. He is French, as as much fun as speaking that language can be, I wouldn't mind meeting some people to speak English with too.
Send us a private message if you'd like to catch up :)

Stef

I'd recommend you language exchange meetings. They happen every Monday at 7pm. There are expats, students, Poles, all the multicultural environment.
Just google "tandem evening warsaw" and join us :)

Hi everybody.I am santosh from India & soon will be moving to OLSZTYN on a business trip for almost one year.Is there any foreigner/Polish who can speak English.I Love making fiends & would love to know more about Poland in general & OLSZTYN in particular.
Thanks
Santosh