Gladly going back to "irregular" migratory condition

After over 4 years of spinning my wheels and going absolutely nowhere with the insane bureaucracy in this country I've had enough. See related post:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228324

Today I finally drew my line in the sand. I sent a very nasty e-mail to the Ministério da Justiça - Diretor de Departamento de Estrangeiros (DEEST) telling him that I've had enough of the bullshit and won't take anymore.

I made it abundantly clear that I will not be making any further attempt to seek permanent resident status in this backward nation, since I no longer wish it, nor do I even need it according to Lei. 6.815/1980, Art. 75, II (b) since I have a Brazilian child and thus cannot be expelled from the country (unless of course I commit some crime for which I could be deported).

I am quite content to carry the original Birth Certificate of my son with me at all times and a copy of the relevant sections of the Estatuto de Estrangeiro. I told these people that over four years waiting for any kind of decision on two separate applications was wholly unacceptable and that as far as I am concerned they can shove the applications where the sun doesn't shine.

I don't need and I don't want their "permission" to remain in this country, since it is my legal right to do so, regardless of what they say or do. I simply wanted to do things the proper way, which in retrospect clearly seems useless in this God forsaken country in the first place.

It is ironic that a country that welcomes a convicted murderer and terrorist with open arms, gives him refuge, permanent resident status and even pays his expenses despite the fact that he arrived in this country with forged documents thinks it has any right at all to determine anyone's right to remain in this country. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that Cesare Battisti's RNE, Carteira de Trabalho and Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro were all ready and waiting for him on arrival, they probably were. A country in which a President of the Republic can grant asylum to a terrorist and murderer on his final day in office has no legal or moral right to make any determination regarding immigration, in my humble opinion. So Brazil........... shove it, I don't want your permission. I'm here, I'm staying and that's that....... deal with it!!!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

They all found safe haven in Brazil
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/refugees_zps7d15cce7.jpg?t=1388852485

The Brazilian government had absolutely no problems whatsoever letting these people live comfortable lives in Brazil despite the fact that they were war criminals, robbers, murderers, terrorists or just other corrupt politicians! Most of them were not only let in, but Brazil fought tooth and nail to keep them here, safe from prosecution. Yet, let some decent person apply for "Permanência Definitiva" and see how they treat you like crap!!!

Josef Mengele (a.k.a. The Angel of Death), SS Staff Sgt. Gustav Wagner commander of Sobibor Nazi deathcamp, Ronnie Biggs (a.k.a. The Great Train Robber), Cesare Battisti convicted Italian terrorist and murderer, Michael Misick corrupt ex-premier of Turks & Caicos wanted by UK.

Funny how they seem to have been perfectly OK to enter and live out their days in Brazil, but you decent people aren't. Just my two cents worth.

This is the reason why I left when I did. I refuse to associate myself with a country (government) that makes the lives of terrorists, war criminals, thieves, Nazis so easy - yet the decent people wanting permanency, absolutely miserable!

AME-O OU DEIXE-O

DEIXE-O, OBRIGADO!