Anybody in the south of Vendée (near or in Luçon, for example)?

Hello!

Looks like there is no forum topic about English people living in Vendée, where I am leaving nowadays. So I am starting this one.

To be honest, I am a French woman of 54 y-old and I am looking for a native english person to help me preparing the Dip Trans (I don't need a charming prince : I already have mine!).

I was born in Paris, but I had to move in Vendée. At the moment, I am jobless, so I have enough time to help you learning french if you wish to improve it, weither by speaking or writing.

You can contact me on this forum first.

Best regards,

Brigitte :)

Hi Brigitte,

Welcome on the Forum :)

Please feel free to post an advert in the Language classes in Charente Maritime section :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Maximilien,

Thank you for your fast reply and your advice, I will do that!

Have a nice day!

Brigitte.

Bonjour Brigitte,
je ne suis pas anglais non plus, mais je cherche des contacts dans la communauté anglaise près de Marans ou La Rochelle.
Je ne suis pas à la recherche relation sentimentale non plus.
Cordialement
Zoran
[email protected]

Hi Zoran,

Please can you post in english only on the anglophone section of the Charente Maritime forum for other members to read and participate.

You can post in french on the french-speaking Charente Maritime forum.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi Zoran,

I am not sure to understand : you are looking for contacts in the English community near Marans or La Rochelle, but what is it for? Can you develop your idea, please?

At the moment, I sent a message to Boghound who is living in my city (Luçon), but still don't have any answer...

Besides, as I said I am looking for somebody to help me preparing the Dip Trans (translation diploma)...

Look forward to your reply. Best regards,

Brigitte.

Hi Brigitte. I am an American woman about your age, moving to a town near Luçon. I am not around all the time but when I am here I would be happy to trade, say, half an hour of French conversation for half an hour of English conversation. If you are interested, I guess the best thing to do is respond to this post.

Looking to move from Switzerland to France this time next year. Would love to have contact with any expats living in or around Lucon.

Hi. I have a house near Luçon and spend about half my time there. We should get in touch. -- Lynn

Sounds interesting, let me know more.

There isn't much more. I divide my time between Paris and St. Cyr, which is maybe 10 km from Luçon. I'm not hitting on you and don't need money, to get right to the point of your probable two big concerns. To judge by your photo, I'm a decade or so older than you. I should probably post a photo of myself; if I can slow down a minute, I'll do that. I'll be less busy in September. My thought was that we could meet for coffee in a cafe near the market one Wednesday or Saturday. I'm in the Vendée because friends showed me the area and I liked it. I have a friend who works in the area and another who visits often to take care of her aging parents. I am curious about what brings others to such an unheralded part of France. That's about it.

Hi, I'm in my late 40's, near to Lucon and would be interested in getting to know people in the surrounding area. Would any ladies are interested in getting a together just for a coffee and a laugh?

Sure. Lots of good choices in Lucon. We can get together, which would be fine, but you might also want to check the English-speaking group in Nalliers. They get together every Tuesday evening at the Mairie. I haven't been but I hear good things about it. Anyway, go ahead and respond to this if you want to get together. There's a nice cafe across from the cathedral.

Hi bizzyella,

I'd love to get together for a coffee, I think I know the cafe, would you please email me at: [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for the info re. Nalliers, I'll take a look.

Ideally,   get togethers   that are a mix of French & English would be great as I need to improve my understanding of French. So if anyone else has any ideas it would be welcomed.

Thank you, have a good weekend!