Hello everyone! I need some help.

I am a Filipina, Christian working here in Jeddah. I met my boyfriend here, he is Turkish and Muslim. We have been together for one year now and lately he decided us to get marry. As i said earlier, i am a Christian and he's a Muslim. Is there a way we can get marry here in Jeddah without me converting to Muslim?

I hope u guys could give me some help on this matter. Thanks to all of you in advance. God bless us all :-)

Hi Popsicle51012,

Welcome on board on this site.
I don't know anything about the law in Jeddah but I do know that in general a Muslim male can marry a non Muslim woman.
And you need to know that if you get children, they are automatically Muslims too.

thank u Primadonna :)

Hi popsicle51012,

Please note that your post is now on the Jeddah Forum for better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Primadonna wrote:

Hi Popsicle51012,

Welcome on board on this site.
I don't know anything about the law in Jeddah but I do know that in general a Muslim male can marry a non Muslim woman.
And you need to know that if you get children, they are automatically Muslims too.

You can marry him in Jeddah, but it a very lengthy and incomplete procedure. Let him go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and inquire bout that.

Yes you can, but I have no idea about the procedure, but I can bet it will be quite a frustrating procedure in terms of paper work and red tape.

It would be a lot easier if you went and get married in Turkey or North Cyprus.  Plus, you can get married and have your honeymoon at the same time!

thanks guys for the input.. i hope to receive more advices and opinions :)

popsicle51012 wrote:

i hope to receive more advices and opinions

popsicle51012 wrote:

i am a Christian and he's a Muslim. Is there a way we can get marry here in Jeddah

Don't do this. Nowhere.

One thing you should know, if you get married here, it will be an Islamic marriage done according to Shariah.  If you want a civil marriage, go to Turkey or the Philippines.  For this reason, when I was trying to get married some years ago, I didn't do it here, but outside the country.

I don't know what your budget is, but Mauritius is a great option, that's where I got married.  Arrived there and got married 2 days later!  Super simple procedure, and the only documents needed are passport and birth certificate.  Plus, it is heaven there, so we had our honeymoon there too.  Search on google for images of Mauritius, you will see what I mean!  Emirates Airline has great ticket plus hotel packages for Mauritius.  Starting around SR. 3,500 and going up to SR. 6,000 for a flight and 3 night hotel stay.  Even the 3-star hotels there are like 4 or 5 star hotels in many other countries, so you can go for the cheaper packages.  All hotels, by the way, are beautiful resorts on the sea with amazing gardens and beaches, not high rise concrete and glass.

Good luck!

@Trapezius  You're the guy from Dave's.  Welcome to our little forum!  I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition :)

:cool:

Aha, so the avatar gave it away?!  Are you on Dave's too?  Responded to a lot of posts here yesterday, and in the process read many of your posts.  You seem like a sensible voice, one of the few, I must say! ;)

Actually, I first suspected due to the unusual screen name and now that you've added the avatar, there's no question that it's you!

I used to read Dave's a lot when deciding whether or not to come to KSA and also wrote in a few times with questions several years ago. 

And thanks--I try :)

I

Trapezius wrote:

:cool:

Aha, so the avatar gave it away?!  Are you on Dave's too?  Responded to a lot of posts here yesterday, and in the process read many of your posts.  You seem like a sensible voice, one of the few, I must say! ;)

thank u Trapezius.. that's a great idea.. we'll try to plan about that.. :) i've also heard before that Mauritius is a very nice place :) i hope he'll agree with that.. and to other's who dropped by and took time to give their input, THANK U :)

fly to MRU for 3500?? I'm nt sure LOL.. I' live dubai 3yrs! its 5000! min..