Considering Condado/Isle Verde

I'm a 40 year old New Englander exploring relocation options; San Juan being on of those options.  I have 18 years experience in finance/management and just achieved my BA degree.  With this, I'm looking for a new beginning.

I've been to PR several times, but only day trips via cruise ship.  I really enjoy SJ/Condado/Isla Verde areas.  Looking at online jobs, there seems to be a good amount of decent paying jobs.

However, reading many of the posts here has me wondering that PR may not be the best place to consider for relocation: great difficulty getting a job, low wages, extremely high taxes, expensive electricity/food, safety, dead pets left on roads, and overall expense of relocation to PR.

SO, here are a couple questions I have if someone wouldn't mind taking the time to respond:

From my research to date, it seems rents are rather affordable; $900 - $1500 for 1 to 2 bedroom condo around Condado/Isla Verde. Are these areas safe? What are the good and bad of living in this area?

Being in and around SJ, is finding work somewhat easier compared to other, more remote regions of PR? 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I can't tell you a whole lot about the Condado area. But there are a whole lot of people on this forum that can. The only thing I can tell you is the same thing I tell everybody else. Go there. Go beyond the tourist spots. Rent a car and spend some time going around the island and getting a feel for the place. Do it several times. How's your Spanish?

Condado and Isla Verde are not terribly dangerous places. There have been murders in each place in the last couple of years but that is not unusual in PR, really. I lived in Isla Verde and it was fine - safer than most places, I would say; same for Condado. Your budget is accurate as well.

The big problem with your planned move is employment. It is nearly impossible to get a career-level job in PR even if you speak fluent Spanish. Keep in mind that Puerto Rican professionals with a resume like yours have fled PR in great numbers and continue to flee PR due to the lack of employment available to them.