Spouse visa

iam applying for masters degree in NZ university aukland can any one guide me wether ill get spouse visa for my husband easily??????????????

Hello saima38.

I have moved your message on the Auckland Forum, in order to get better responses from the other members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

If you are on a student visa it is hard to get a spouse visa.
You have to show sufficient funds to support both yourself and your husband as he will not be able to work.
As far as I am aware you can work part time only.

No visa is ever easy! If you're studying and you have no way to support yourselves except what family send from abroad, it may be difficult because the immigration people may see this to mean that your husband will work illegally here. If they think this, it'd be difficult indeed.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … stream.htm

Your partner holds a New Zealand student visa
You must be in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner and they must hold a New Zealand student visa to study for:
a level seven (or higher) qualification on the New Zealand Qualification Framework in an area of absolute skill shortage as specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List, or
a postgraduate qualification.

** taken off the inz website ~ not intended to be immigration advice **

Thanks mate, but that doesn't answer the question of spouse visa's, which as we've said, will be very difficult to get because one is a  student and the other doesn't appear to have any legal right to either be in, or work in, NZ.

I wish them luck!

Dear friends,

My wife was working under MOH as a staff nurse. But unfortunately She got stop work.Now i am planning to change her sponsorship into mine.I have doubt that,she have personal loan in Al Rajhi bank.If she go exit no need to refund the money.but I change the sponsorship the loan amount need pay or not.

Please advise

Thank You
Sunil.

She will have to repay the loan before she exits the country.

he was just giving some info...no need to get snarky, i suggest you go to malaysia and do your teaching.

Agreed

Beg pardon?

Not directed towards me I hope.

Have a good one.

Hi Saima36

I am a licenced Immigration Advisor in NZ.

The answer to your question is not straight forward. It depends on his current passport, place of permanent residence and what he and you do for living. Your spouse will qualify to apply for a work visa after you have been granted the student visa, but immigration NZ would as always consider how the country could benefit from both of you if you decide to stay permanently in NZ. Especially because International postgraduate  from NZ tertiary institutions may qualify for two year work visa and permenant residency if they find employment in their field of study. 

The other point they look at is whether or not there is a risk of seeking assylum in NZ. The passport you hold and the residence you have would determine whether they will approve his visa or not.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you have further questions

Hala

sunilkumks wrote:

Dear friends,

My wife was working under MOH as a staff nurse. But unfortunately She got stop work.Now i am planning to change her sponsorship into mine.I have doubt that,she have personal loan in Al Rajhi bank.If she go exit no need to refund the money.but I change the sponsorship the loan amount need pay or not.

Please advise

Thank You
Sunil.

of coarse you have to pay it back ! the government doesn't give out free money...

A question;

Why would her spouse qualify for a work visa? There aren't enough jobs for NZers, let alone more immigrants!