Swimming Venues

Hi! I currently am living and working in Caracas, Venezuela, but will be moving to Kuwait in August, 2010.  Can anyone tell me where I can swim recreationally.  I am a semi-serious lap swimmer and would like to keep up with my work-outs.  Also, what are the costs for some of the health clubs in the city?  Thanks.

Hey mate

if you want olympic size pools there is one in Meshrif. Very huge but only open for members 3 or 4 times a week. It costs around 30KD

If you need a regular gym with a decent swimming pool. There are few, the holiday-Inn has a nice health club including swimming pool. Not sure of the cost, but last I remember they use to charge around 40KD if you pay on monthly basis and around 320KD if you pay full year in advance. Again, am not very sure of the numbers, but its somewhere around it.

Hilton's also got a nice health club and a huge swimming pool. That am not sure of its pricing..

mo.mughrabi:

Thanks for the information.  I'm looking forward to coming to Kuwait.

Phil Brown

I've just joined the one at the Holiday Inn. The pool is only 16-18 metres long and can get a bit busy but they do rope off a section for lap swimming. They are currently doing a deal that runs out at the end of this month, I think. Anyway the cost was only 275 KD for 15 months. The ususal is 325KD ayear.

I believe the Hilton and other places start at around 400kd a year and go up to almost anything....

Of course there is always the swimming pool complex. I don't know anything other than it has a number of pools. Can anyone here enlighten me and the OP?

Britpat, There is gigantic swimming pool in Meshrif. Olympic size kind of pools, its open for public only 3 times a week. That's all I know :)

I've also heard from someone around here that there is a decent swimming pool at the Messila beach. He says, he remembers the pool years ago and he's not sure if the pool is still open for public today.

Mo,

So it is 30KDs for what? A year???

That would be cool....but I guess you mean a month...