Moving to Manchester!

Hello guys,

I live in South America but I have the Italian Citizenship and me and my same-sex partner would like to move overseas and have considered Manchester as a good option for us. The thing is that my partner currently does not have any Citizenship from a country member of the EU and we would like to know if we register as civil partner he could get some kind of legal documentation to reside in England without any problems.

I hold a Bachelors Degree in Marketing from an American university and he holds the same degree but from a Venezuelan university. We both speak English and Spanish. Would it be hard for us to get at least an average job ? By average I mean that we would get paid enough money to have a regular daily life (Having dinner at a restaurant, going to the movies, drinking beers at a pub every once in a while).

What are some good places to start looking for a room/flat to rent where we can live while we settle down, find jobs, adjust to the city, etc?

I hope to read from you what you have to say soon, I appreciate all the advice you guys can give to us.

Hi ga0007,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to read articles on the Work in England guide, this might help you find out some to your questions.

Please feel free to go through the Manchester forum, this might be helpful. :)

Regards,

David.

Hiya ga00007,

I think that you will find this website really helpful:

homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration

It is the UK Boarder Agency site, routed to the visa's and immigration section. Just click on the relevant list and it will give you the information you need. I was planning on marrying abroad and this site helped me with everything I needed to know.

It will take time to gather all the information because you have to go to several different threads, so make sure hat you have a printer handy.

Good luck, and if I can be of any help, please let me know,

CHUCKLES.