Info about moving to Manchester

Hallo and nice to meet you all! We are an italian couple and are planning to move to Manchester with our two children ( a 3-years-old boy and a 10 - months baby girl) as my husband has been offered a job in cheshire countryside.
Maybe we could also decide to live in Macclesfield, but we think that living in Manchester could be easier for us in the beginning and reading here and there on the Web we realized that maybe didsbury is the right place to live for a family with two kids. Any other suggestion?
But the most important thing to understand now is: could we live reasonably well with my husband's only salary? As I would like to stay at home untill my daughter is at least 3 years old....
So, please, could help us with infos about costs for school (a nursery for the boy, in the beginning), health assistance (is a private health assurance necessary?), any kind of taxes....
Any suggestion of yours will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot! Daniela

Hello daniela&marco,

You will probably get more relevant information if you post this on the England Forum as opposed to here in a general forum, don't you think?

If you look for the England flag icon on the lower portion of the general forums page you can click on it to access the England Forum.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi daniela&marco,

Please note that your discussion has been moved to the Manchestor forum for more visibility and for more interaction :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you so much! I wrote my post before exploring your forum!!

Hello!
Nursery Fees:               
Full Week-£210                         
Full Day-£47.50 
AM Session-£28.00
PM Session-£28.00

They calculate fees by the weekly amount multiplied by 52 weeks, divided by 12 equal monthly payments i.e.
1 Days= £206 2 Day
s = £412   3 Days = £617.50   4 Days = £823   Full Time = £910
For a full week we pay £210, full day £47.50

At the moment they have a "one month free" offer ;)
Check their website for details http://www.kidzrusnursery.co.uk/wp-cont … a-City.pdf

Hi Danielo and Marco,

Welcome to the Forum.  At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section which includes all sorts of advice on moving to Manchester.

Didsbury is on the Manchester tram-line that runs into Manchester city centre; as such would be good for a commute.

You haven't said how much your husbands salary is going to be, so it's hard to be specific.  What I can say is that unless you bring a large lump of cash with you, you won't be able to apply for a mortgage to buy a house, so you'll be looking at renting at first; there's nothing in our housing section (top of the page), so I'd recommend you using something like Zoopla to see what's available and the prices.

Once you've read the information in our Expat Guide, if you have any specific questions, by all means come back and ask on here.

Best of luck with your future move. :)

LOL - just noticed this thread is over 3 years old; I suspect the OP has already moved to Manchester. :)