International Moving: From US to the UK! Ever used one?

To move from US to UK, I plan on hiring international movers.

What should I expect? What questions should I ask?

What is the best way to go about this?

Do you have a mover you would recommend?

Do you have a mover I should avoid?

Did you do a move with minimal service (They came and got the boxes and furniture and that's it) or did you use one that came in,
packed for you and moved you or something in between?

How much did it cost you?

It's not like I can just rent a U-haul. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Hi
We just used Britannia Removals from UK to Germany ... but they are International and do moves to/from US.  They were brilliant. They came and packed everything, collected it all the next day, and delivered 1 week later on a day given to us before we finalised/prepaid.  Very professional.  Very nice guys who worked very hard.  I contacted about a dozen companies and they gave the best quote and service.  They can be found on the internet.

Good luck
Sally

Hi Fatal1ty,

I suggest you to contact our partner for a free quote:

https://www.expat.com/en/movers/europe/england/

Thank you.

If you are moving to the U K on a permanent basis i can't offer any advice. If your move here is temporary, then i would say put most of your treasured possessions into storage in the U S. The marketplace here is massive, and furnishing a property is very easy to do and relatively inexpensive compared to an international move. Plus you can sell it all when you return home. Should you require any "hands on" help, just ask. Good luck...Peter.