500,000 HUF good or bad or decent?

Hello,

I am an Indian national currently working in Netherlands
but am getting a job offer from Budapest,Hungary.

I wanted to know how good a salary is 500,000 HUF before tax monthly?

What could be the net income monthly after tax?

Thanks

According to my fiance (Hungarian), you should pull in 327,000 after taxes, health insurance, etc.  That's plenty for Hungary, but of course it depends on your standard of living.  The national average is 150,000 HUF a month.

octobop wrote:

According to my fiance (Hungarian), you should pull in 327,000 after taxes, health insurance, etc.  That's plenty for Hungary, but of course it depends on your standard of living.  The national average is 150,000 HUF a month.

Hey thanks for the information.
My health insurance is going to be paid for by my company.
What could a furnished rental studio apartment cost in city center?
including the utilities, just to get an estimate.

Still, it's just taxes by different names to keep the accountants occupied. But yes, your employer pays

Can't help you much with inner city prices.
University students get by on modest budgets with sacrifices, and the sky is the limit.

150kHUF is the average of those who have a job, so those who make 0 are conveniently removed from that "average".

szocske wrote:

Still, it's just taxes by different names to keep the accountants occupied. But yes, your employer pays

Can't help you much with inner city prices.
University students get by on modest budgets with sacrifices, and the sky is the limit.

150kHUF is the average of those who have a job, so those who make 0 are conveniently removed from that "average".

I get what you mean :) I will have to do some research myself.

You have traveled a lot it seems. Just went through your path details.

I can tell you 1 thing , I always felt more comfortable with central or eastern europeans compared to the west. Dont know why, but somehow they are friends even outside the work place.

Read some of these threads:
https://www.expat.com/forum/316-22-cost … ngary.html

I have been to Amsterdam kinda-recently, my gut feeling is, Amsterdam is at least twice as expensive as Budapest, so for a similar standard of living you need very roughly half the money in Budapest -  just an educated guess, though.

I am guessing, a small, but 'good' flat(location, etc.) should start roughly at 70-100kHUF + 50-70k utilities costs, the latter heavily depending on heating system, etc.
- Again, just to give you a feeling, others may disagree. The key question here is what is 'good' for you personally (imho, the answer is as much a cultural-background thing as anything else.)

But being a foreigner and not speaking hungarian will put you at a disadvantage, so I'd always suggest to try to get a temporary accomodation, and do flathunting with some help from locals without a very strict deadline.

fireroller wrote:

Read some of these threads:
https://www.expat.com/forum/316-22-cost … ngary.html

I have been to Amsterdam kinda-recently, my gut feeling is, Amsterdam is at least twice as expensive as Budapest, so for a similar standard of living you need very roughly half the money in Budapest -  just an educated guess, though.

I am guessing, a small, but 'good' flat(location, etc.) should start roughly at 70-100kHUF + 50-70k utilities costs, the latter heavily depending on heating system, etc.
- Again, just to give you a feeling, others may disagree. The key question here is what is 'good' for you personally (imho, the answer is as much a cultural-background thing as anything else.)

But being a foreigner and not speaking hungarian will put you at a disadvantage, so I'd always suggest to try to get a temporary accomodation, and do flathunting with some help from locals without a very strict deadline.

Hey thanks for the information.
I will have a look at that link.
My salary in Amsterdam is 4000 euros gross monthly , I have a feeling as you said 1800-2000 euros gross wud be good enough for similar lifestyle in Budapest.
Yes the temporary accommodation thing am discussing with my employer where they can atleast provide me housing for a month before I know which district is good and safe for me.
I have lived in Amsterdam center and have seen how some of the places away from city center are not of my liking ( If you know what am talking abt :) )
Thanks again