Moving to Nuremberg in October :-)

Good Morning to everybody , I'm a Italian guy 40 years old and in October I'll start to work in Nuremberg.
I'm try to search an apartment , I sent many emails to  rent apartment agency but until now only one made me a proposal.
Is it so hard to find an apartment  in Nuremberg?

Ciao
Edoardo

Did you send the emails in English or German?

Have you tried immobilienscout24 or similar sites?

I sent in English , I don't speak German, I could use Google translator , but about English some friend from Germany said me that is not a problem .
I tried with
Scout24
Immonet.de
Do you thing that English can be a problem? But i need someone that can speak with in English to  discuss about all aspect linked to rent an apartmant.
Edoardo

I think it might be a problem. For older people you cannot assume that they speak English.
My mother works for a rental agency (not in Nuremberg though). She does not speak
English and would probably not reply to an Email in a language she does not understand. I met a Canadian in Berlin who said he had trouble finding an apartment because people would just hang up
when he called them and spoke English. You may want to use a relocation agent (does the company
not provide you with one) or find a temporary apartment (for example with homecompany.de, the website is in English so I assume the people that work there speak it) and then find a long term apartment with the help of one of your german colleagues.

if you do want to send emails in german to potential landlords it be happy to help you with the translation.

Thank You for your suggestion.
I'll try to answer in German , with online translator.
In this days someone answered me and made me very good proposal at the first view, but they told me a strange story about that they are living in England and that they can not come to Nuremberg .... but at the end I searched their email address and I found that they are making some frauds, pay attention to strange proposal.
I continue my research, next week-end I'll be in Nuremberg to visit some the rental apartment agency.

Edoardo

Hello Edoardo.

Have you try to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Nuremberg section? It may help.

Thanks

Karen :)