New ID Card for a Brit

Hi,

I'm super behind on all this new id card rubbish. I understand we can now get the form online, have the documents signed by a police officer and send them by post, is that correct?

I have the form I need, now I'm just wondering what documents I need to send as they're not listed on the form, or the explanatory leaflet.

I'm assuming
* photocopy of passport

* current id card (physical card or photocopy?)

* residency permit (which I never actually received so I'm hoping if i also send some kind of work stuff like a photocopy of my SS number, work contract, work permit from ETC and payslips they'll understand I wasn't trying to do anything wrong)

* a passport photograph.

Do you think this sounds OK, are there any other items I should be including?

am not so sure the police will sign them - altho a bank official chemist pharmaciast doctor or the likes will if asked.

all the document requirements are located here towards the bottom per form type

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … dence.aspx

I know 2 peope who have had theirs signed by police

i wasnt suggesting that they wouldnt..i know someone who was given the runaround by the police.... just suggesting there are other options.

I still can't find the list of documents... I'm clearly being idiotic :(

The list of supporting documents that you need is at the end of the form, say for instance the information you need to fill out with your personal details on the form is 2 pages long then the 3rd page that you print out will have the list of supporting documents on it. Each different type of form has a different list of supporting documents at the end of it if you scroll down to the end.

do you know which form(s) you need to use.

We know of someone who got there documents signed by the police but the police refused to sign the photo because they had not known them for two years ???

OIM

iamharibo wrote:

I still can't find the list of documents... I'm clearly being idiotic :(

Frequently Asked Questions

EU employment - form A
http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … 20a_A4.pdf

see page 3 for docs required

5. Supporting Documents

Original and copy of passport / Foreign ID card (Bio data page only)

Original and copy of ETC engagement form issued by ETC or work contract

On application for or collection of your 'e-Residence Card' / New identity card - enrol on the European Parliament electoral register and vote to advance your EU civil rights to equal treatment.

Non-Maltese EU citizens living in Malta can now enrol and vote at the next European Parliament elections scheduled for May 2014.

You can enrol on the European Parliament electoral register at:

1) The Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs on application for or retrieval of your 'e-Residence Card' / New identity card.

Or

2) The Electoral Commission / Identity Card Office at Evans Building, Valletta or the Identity Card Office, Victoria, Gozo.
Non-Maltese EU voter enrolment form for the European Parliament electoral register:

http://www.electoral.gov.mt/getresource.aspx?id=83