Planning to relocate to KL, Cost of Living

Hi,

I am planning to relocate to KL through an internal movement within my current organization. I have a family of 3 that includes me, my wife and my daughter (3.5 yrs). She would just start schooling and I intent to put her in international schools. So including that, what is the tentative cost of living for a 2 bhk furnished rented house+cost of education+utilities and general expenses+cost of a basic necessity car? Also, how is the tax slab in KL? Is MYR 140k p.a. a decent salary given the family size and requirements to live and have a good saving bucket?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Kins

hi, 140k pa is regarded as a good package in malaysia. the first 6 months r taxed at a flat rate of 26%, but it will lower after that. i have made a few posts in the past on cost of living as well as posts from other members under cost of living that will give u an idea on costs. where r u relocating from? also keep an eye on school costs as this will b ur biggest expense. most international schools are transparent on their fee structure on their websites. the tier 1 schools charge between 4-7k just for the initial years. but the tier 2 schools are more affordable for those whose companies dont cover school fees.

Thanks Carlyle. I would be relocating from Bangalore, India. On the schooling, I was made to understand that the yearly cost of education in a good international school ranges from 18-22k MYR p.a. Is this applicable for someone starting in say LKG?

Just out of curiosity Kinns,
What is the percentage hike you are getting by relocating here?
Cheers..!

kinnark wrote:

Thanks Carlyle. I would be relocating from Bangalore, India. On the schooling, I was made to understand that the yearly cost of education in a good international school ranges from 18-22k MYR p.a. Is this applicable for someone starting in say LKG?

who made u understand? check the websites of garden international, iskl, alice smith, british international, mont kiara international, etc. these r the top end. the next layer would be elc, tenby, cempaka, etc. theres also global indian school that teaches cbse curriculum but not heard anything good bout them. have a look and form ur own opinion. the great part is that schools here are transparent bout their fees.