住哪裡最好?需要大家的意見。 Need advice on where to rent in Taipei

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving to Taipei in the next few months for work.
I'm looking at apartments in Taipei, New Taipei and Keelung.  Since
rent in New Taipei is considerably cheaper than rent in Taipei I wouldn't
mind making the commute everyday since it's apparently very convenient to do so.
What about Keelung though?  I know it's a more natural environment and
even cheaper to live in than New Taipei but how convenient is it to make a daily
commute from Keelung to Taipei?  More importantly how much are round trip bus/train tickets
from New Taipei to Taipei?  Keelung to Taipei?

你好,

我可能要過幾個月來臺灣工作。想問大家的意見。我看新台北的房費比台北的房費便宜所以
我可能要住新臺北。從新臺北到臺北方便嗎?每天有幾趟巴士?火車呢?這樣每天跑來跑去方便嗎?
要是住基隆呢?每天從基隆跑到臺北方便嗎?
還有。。。從臺北到新臺北末班車幾點鐘?臺北到基隆呢?

Hi limaygolf,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Taipei, this could help.

Could you please post in English on the English language forum? :)

Thank you,

David.

Ok no problem.  Are there Chinese forums too on this website?  Because I was looking for advice from local Taiwanese people since they obviously know Taiwan better than foreigners.   I was also looking for advice so I'd know which areas to scout out and look in when I got there not so much looking for an apartment to rent immediately.

I also assumed that posting Chinese below the English would be OK as that would get a wider audience (ie non English speakers as well as English speakers).  If not just tell me and I won't do it again.

Please do tell me if there is a section where I can post Chinese though.

Laith

Hello Laith > we have only 5 languages on the website. EN/FR/SP/IT/PR. Please have a look at the code of conduct.

Thank you :)

OK sorry.

Hi limagolf,

I am not sure about New Taipei City, but here is some website where you can find private or professional rental announcements.
rent.591.com.tw/index.php
taipei.craigslist.com.tw/apa/

Personally, I have found mine using this nice rental company which is visible in the above website and (to me) seems to be serious. They claim to be well adapted for strangers.
rentaltw.com/

Hope you will find a nice place to leave.
Sorry for my poor English.