Working in Geneva

Hi,

I am an American who lives in Germany. Currently I am seeking to find a job in Geneva. I am not sure how hard this is and what all I need. I have an unlimited and unrestricted work and residence pass for Germany, but I dont think that will help me in Switzerland. Does anybody have information for me that could help me. I am an administrative assistant (german business school) with many years of experience. German and English are my mother tongue. I am wanting to learn french.

Thanks for the help

I think as an american who has a pass for germany, you would not be allowed to work in Switzerland because you dont have an EU passport. with your german pass you are allowed to visit switzerland for a limited period. but for the purpose of working you must get also a pass from the swiss government, and that is not often easy for "third country" citizens (non EU citizen in general).
to get the swiss working permit, I would personally suggest you to apply for jobs in international organizations, or in swiss based american companies or other companies active in the american market. for some specifc positions in such companies, you may get a swiss working permit. And since you speak and understand german, you have more chances in the german speaking part, where, by the way, there are more international companies and more job opportunities(good examples include Zug and Zurich)