Moving to G from the US - what small appliances will work??

Moving to Geneva next spring for a 2 year assignment. Should I plan on bringing stuff like my toaster, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer etc? Will that work with a simple adapter switch or would I need to use a converter? Is it better to just buy those locally? The amout of stuff I bring is not a problem, my company is paying for the move. It's a matter of whether these will work in Switzerland.

Welcome to the forum madalyn626 ;)

I hope members from there will try to advise you accordingly concerning the use of your electrical appliances.

Regards

Moving could be a great opportunity to get rid of allot of things... Take advantage of this move to rid yourself of that pink toaster that never really worked that well or the little heater thwat was too small....

What Im trying to say is take the bigger expensive stuff and dont worry about the secondary, less expensive things. Yes you can find adapters... but they can get pretty combersome!

Have fun packing! And hope you enjoy your stay in Geneva.

No. You shouldn't. Current is not the same, your appliances will need a transformer which will put them at risk of burning faster!
Buy second-hand small appliances to keep within budget.
Check out these resources:
noticiasdeginebra.com/2010/12/21/21-de-diciembre-aeropuertos-en-suiza-aun-no-se-normalizan/

i am sorry I posted the wrong link, here's the link to the second-hand stores:
genevalunch.com/geneva-living/2009/07/28/thrift-stores-or-second-hand-shops-in-geneva-and-vaud/