My husband had TB 10 years ago & has scar on his lungs...

..Eta: my bad, he didn't have TB. It was pneumonia. Close enough. Anyway he has a scar on his lungs because of it and I'm guessing all scars are bad news??..

lysaty wrote:

He has been offered a position as an engineer in Riyadh but we just read online that having an old Tb scar could mean that he is actually 'banned for life' from Saudi Arabia. Is this really the case? He has been cured of TB for approx. 10 years. Thanks

A scar in chest x-ray at the time of medical , caused by anything is grounds for failure of medical and hence the rejection of visa. What you can do is tell the doctor in advance of the issue and get clearance certificate before hand. Chances are slim,but worth a try.

DID UR HUBBY GOT MEDICAL TEST PASS? mY WIFE HAS SAME CASE. PLEASE GUIDE ME.

Hello gaur_7583

Kindly note that you are participating on quite an old thread. Also please avoid writing with your Caps Lock on, as it is considered as shouting on the Forum.

If during medical test, the report is positive to lung scar, your wife will be banned from having visa.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi every one.i am a job seeker.i have a 2 to 3 lung spot due to allergy.i never have tb in my life.according to my family situation I want to go abroad for job,i am fear about that white spot on lung, please anybody tell me this spot fail my medical exam ? Or not

1) This is a 4 year old thread
2) Lung spots are always an issue in the GCC.  No one can tell you if yours will create a problem or not.  Either way, you will come through GAMCA medical in your home country.  That is where the decision will be taken.  Don't resign from current job until you have clear medical report