Riyadh events 2010

OUD NIGHTin Riyadh

Time July 29 at 9:30pm - July 30 at 1:00am

Location The Palace. Safari Resort

Organized By: Safari Saudia

An oriental night with a professionnal Oud player and a 5 star open buffet in the Palace.
Tickets at SR 350 per person.
For reservations call 059 614 5678

Xtreme gonna Hit Riyadh

Truly new introduction of “Xtreme” combination of a dynamically proven musician and well-known vocals of Riyadh. The theme of event is entirely based on popular songs sung by Pakistani Singers tributing their music.Be there to be witness of extreme musical entertainment of “Xtreme”

(for families ...only)

Time July 29 · 8:30pm - 11:30pm

Location Diplomatic Quarters - Pakistan Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

For Tickets & Sponsorship:

Subject: LLIR Iftar 2010

The Lebanese Ladies in Riyadh Group is pleased to present its First Annual Iftar (FAMILIES & SINGLES, LADIES & GENTS).

GUEST OF HONOR: His Excellency the Lebanese Ambassador in Riyadh “Al-Liwaa Marwan Zain”.

Date: Saturday, 28th of August, 2010.
Venue: Al-Faisaliah/Al Nakheel restaurant located in Al Khozama Center 7th floor.

Price: SR 180 / person (service charge inclusive).
Dress Code (men): Modern, smart casual.

Tickets on sale & limited…Hurry up and book!

Deadline: Monday, Aug 23rd, 2010(Faisaliah closing date).

For tickets please contact:
Mrs. Rania Najjar: 050 378 1124 050 378 1124
Mrs. Nada El-Darwiche: 0501 492 692 0501 492 692
Your presence is our honor…and Ramadan Mubarak to you all…

Regards,
LLIR Team

First post here!
23rd September Paintball event 300 sr a ticket Safari resort
29 September Magic Show Ahmed alBayed 500 sr per Ticket
30th September Comedy Show Nemr abou Nasser Regular 275 , VIP 400 Sr
Hope this was of some use to you guys :)

Good info, Khalid. Thanks and welcome to the forum! :)

Who want's to join tonight in Al Khozama Center for bowling? Even females are allowed to bowl without abaya :-)

Nikolai , Id recommend the Universal bowling center , much much better than Khozama one and the ladies need not worry about Abaya's either!

Khalid88 wrote:

First post here!
23rd September Paintball event 300 sr a ticket Safari resort
29 September Magic Show Ahmed alBayed 500 sr per Ticket
30th September Comedy Show Nemr abou Nasser Regular 275 , VIP 400 Sr
Hope this was of some use to you guys :)

Khalid is paintballing available at Safari resort or was that a one-off event?

Is there anywhere else to do paintballing in Riyadh?

There is a paintballing building in the north east of Ryiadh on the Ibn Al Haytham road. If not, it's in that area, there are no road signs.

well, there is a paintball place in Riyadh costs 250 sr for 4 rounds, you have to have your own team of 10 ppl i guess not sure
the one at safari resort is a one time thing and they postponed it to two weeks later and the thing about it is its mixed so i guess you guys would prefer going to it.

Is there anything on this weekend worth going to?

you gotta make it happen, young man.....
....and then invite us over

musicman wrote:

you gotta make it happen, young man.....
....and then invite us over

YOUNG MAN!!!  ummph!  :nothappy:  musicman, it's meeee Max - FEMALE - soft and fluffy not hard and masculine  :(

well, sorryyyy mizzy..... that was more like an expression saying "Hey guys", meaning unisex..... yikes!

i hope i dont get beaten up at the next gig?

musicman wrote:

well, sorryyyy mizzy..... that was more like an expression saying "Hey guys", meaning unisex..... yikes!

i hope i dont get beaten up at the next gig?

you are an easy person to forgive :) so all is forgiven - no violence from me :gloria

OK - challenge is set by musicman - who is up for hosting a party this weekend?  Who, when and where?  Responses please :cheers:

Why not let the Eagles decide tonight when they come together to roost at CAF's nest?

Nothing like putting the ball into the chicken coop....

Heres an artists impression of the planned USD 500 million Al-Rajhi Tower that will be the tallest in the region, soon:-
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=423948

http://www.arab7.com/up/file/1148213082686.jpg

musicman wrote:

Heres an artists impression of the planned USD 500 million Al-Rajhi Tower that will be the tallest in the region, soon:-

[img align=C]http://www.arab7.com/up/file/1148213082686.jpg[/url]

clearly in competition with Dubai - as if the world needs another high rise tower!  Still, it looks very dynamic, wonder what the energy emission levels are?

Is there any pool or snooker halls in Riyadh?

PLENTY!!!!
thats like asking is there sand in the desert?

I like the look of that! Hope they use some cleantech it it and build it as energy efficient as possible.

I believe the location of the new Al Rajhi Tower is between the Sheraton Hotel and Najd School in Olaya where I can see that some construction has already begun?

on my way back from DQ, bassam had showed me this building which is under construction...it is on olaya road towards north behind german hospital

bishy118 wrote:

Is there any pool or snooker halls in Riyadh?

Thanks so life wont be so boring

Boring? in KSA? Never.....
Theres more time to do all the things you want to, here than anywhere else on the planet

Good glad to hear that

Bishy, dont be fooled by MM; MM cant spell BORING! Its like filling a bucket with desert stones, but the bucket got no base... :sleep

Never in all my working life have I had as much free time as I have in the last 3 decades in KSA

If you dont go by the reality thats on the ground then you are living on thin air

hi Alisan - why did this post stop the updates..I LIKE the idea, as I have recentley moved to Riyadh and still exploring what is to be done here :-)
Thank you for reviving the events update.

Children: .behance.net/fazli

SAFARI RESORT:

Hi everyone,
as the weather is better these days we are starting the walking activities again.
The walk is going to be every thursday if there is interest. Start around 4- 5pm, depends on weather. Lenght of walk will depend on the request and fitness level of participants. It can be from 1 up to 4 hours. Terrain is dirty roads, asfalt roads, mountains, sand.
Entrance fee is 100 SAR per person. It includes entrance to the resort, some gifts from our sponsors, some water ( but still better to bring ur own as well ) and stay in some of the locations after the walk to relax and chill. U can have shisha, tea, coffee snacks ( extra cost ) or u can order dinner as well.

Let me know if u will be interested and in which date u would like to come.
Lenka
unquote

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52773185771

The American Community of Riyadh is pleased to invite you to our kick-off event:

American Spirit Salute
Thursday, November 11
US Embassy Formal Gardens

The American Community of Riyadh is poised and ready for growth. Please join the ACR Board of Directors for this fantastic event at the US Embassy and learn about other exciting opportunities for the coming year.

For a flyer containing all the information you need to purchase tickets for the American Spirit Salute please contact ACR directly on [email protected]

Tickets will be limited and priced at SAR 250 so please purchase your tickets early. To ensure your safety, the US Embassy has implemented new regulations requiring that a photocopy of your passport page be submitted at the time you purchase tickets. Please make sure you have this with you or tickets cannot be purchased.

The American Spirit Salute…bringing people together in the pursuit of happiness.

Call: 491-4270 ext 220
or email: [email protected]

Jack O Lantern

The story of the Jack o'Lantern comes from Irish folklore. Jack was a crafty farmer who tricked the Devil into climbing a tall tree. When the Devil reached the highest branch, Jack carved a large cross in the trunk, making it impossible for the Devil to climb down.

In exchange for help getting out of the tree, the Devil promised never to tempt Jack with evil again. When Jack died, he was turned away from Heaven for his sins and turned away from Hell because of his trickery. Condemned to wander the earth without rest, Jack carved out one of his turnips, took an ember from the devil, and used it for a lantern to light his way. He became known as "Jack of the Lantern."
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs892.snc4/72578_10150283021850246_856325245_15375995_3008327_n.jpg

The American Community of Riyadh is pleased to invite you to our kick-off event:

American Spirit Salute
Thursday, November 11
US Embassy Formal Gardens

The American Community of Riyadh is poised and ready for growth. Please join the ACR Board of Directors for this fantastic event at the US Embassy and learn about other exciting opportunities for the coming year.

The American Spirit Salute…bringing people together in the pursuit of happiness.

Aaand if you're not American...? :|

apply for a Green Card!

As easy as that. :D:D

Just show your Iqama and bank statement and you have it. They need the Moolah very bad these days...

HI all

would you beleive i have been in kingdom 10yrs and have jsut found this site!.
Does anyone know much about hashing and how i can get linked up with it??
tnz

dqresident wrote:

HI all

would you beleive i have been in kingdom 10yrs and have jsut found this site!.
Does anyone know much about hashing and how i can get linked up with it??
tnz

This is something that needs to be addressed PRIVATELY so anybody with information PLEASE PM dqresident, don't post on the blog.

Thanks.