Questions about paper work

Hi,

I'm very confused about which office I have to go in Malta to make my papers and what papers I need. My situation is that I receive student grant from Denmark (I'm reading in Denmark through e-learning) and I will not be working in Malta. To start the paper process, I believe that I first need an address. I know that I need an eResidence and that I have to go the tax office. Is there any other office that I have to go to?

The tax office in Malta says that I have to be taxed from what I remit to Malta 3 times a year. I don't pay social security contribution, since I'm not working in Malta. Since, I don't pay that, I don't have the right to use the public health system but do you know if I can pay it anyways (how much is it since I'm a student)? Otherwise, I need to have a private health insurrance, which is probably very expensive.

Have a nice evening :)

private health insurance, esp if you are young, is cheap - starting at a few hundred euros.

Hi Mick,

the UK is the only EU/EEA country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Malta.

Cheers
Ricky

Ooops! Sorry - deleted. I'll keep my nose out.

Hi,

Since you receive a grant from Denmark, you will probably have health insurance in Denmark as well. Ask them for an E106 form and take this form to the Entitlement Office in Valletta.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your replies!

Does anyone know if there are any other processes to do other than applying for eResidence and going to the Tax office? :)