Hi Everyone...new member here.

Quick introduction, my name is Rich Caples.  Originally from Vail, CO I have been living in Hopkins the past 18 months.  My wife and I travelled extensively throughout Central America researching and deciding on our next great place to live and ended up in Belize in July of 2011.  My wife is still commuting between Vail and Belize while we get a bit more settled here.  I am a custom home builder of fine homes in the Vail and Beaver Creek area of Colorado for the past 25 years and now have moved my business to Belize. We look forward to a great future in Belize and look forward to meeting you all throughout our travels in Belize.

Welcome richthebuilder.

hi rich,
  My name is captain dave, I am looking to move to hopkins in oct. if all go well, I am looking to move to a little south of town. Love the area. hope to see and chat soon
Captain Dave

Welcome Rich,

I've really been enjoying this blog as it is filled with great information...We are making our first trip to Belize next month for a tour of the Sanctuary Belize area and the surrounding areas. Maybe we'll run into each other some time in the future

Paul

Thank you great story. I'm a new meber, just one day old :)
I looking forward to meet you and your wife.
I'm planning to move to Belize. My dream is to buy a piece of land and stay there.

Hi,

We are a young Canadian family with 4 young children and a dog looking for a section in Belize to start our journey.   We were looking at Hopkins, but not sure of the way of living there.  Is this section safe for a young family?  I know you haven't been there long, but I'm sure you must of gotten the feel for things. We are looking for a 3 bedroom furnished rental that we don't need a vehicle.  Any ideas?? We want to be near a beautiful less crowded beach.   I'm told Hopkins has nice beaches and friendly people.   We have a monthly rental budget at $1200 furnished, or $1400 everything included, power, etc. We've just sold our house here in Moncton, New Brunswick CANADA :-)

PS. My husband is retired Canadian military with pensions, so we will not need to work for a while.

Any info would be greatly appreciated on anything.

LET THE DREAMS BEGIN!!

Regards,
Tammy

hello Everyone :) I'm very happy to be a little part of expatriate's expirence .

Hi Tammy
I'ts nice to '' meet you '' on Expat.com ;)
I hope we can see each other in Hopkins, someday

I would like to start my dream too.
I dont know much about Belize , but I belive it's great place to live.
My dream about Belize is growing since 2010

I have a question for you.
Is any programm for people to move from Canada to Belize ?

Please let me know
Greetings to your family :)
88mimi88

Question for you. Recently we were in Corozal where we met a builder that uses foam/steel panels in his home construction where he used (I think) a concrete.acrylic substance to coat the panels. The homes were modern, well proportioned, solid with a hurricane rating from Miami/Dade counties.

Do you have any experience with this? If you do, what are the pros and cons of building this way?