Teaching photography

Hello there jsamarani and good evening to all readers of this wonderful forum.
I would like some advice if possible as I would like to move to Livorno or somewhere near there to teach English.

I am a native Londoner and my girlfriend (who is from Livorno) has been here with me for four years.

We have decided to move to Italy together and she has ideas for her own employment leaving me to research possibilities for myself. Teaching seems interesting and I feel that it will be a rewarding and interesting job.

My career in the UK has been as a professional photographer working on global advertising projects for various products / markets however initial research has revealed photography at this level is not required in or around Livorno as most large publishing / advertising agencies are in bigger cities more to the North of Italy.

As a professional photographer perhaps teaching photography is an option?

Any advice will be welcome and thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards

Mick

Hello Mick,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Tuscany forum for better visibility.

Many thanks for the welcome and topic update!
May I add that although I am a professional photographer I understand there may be little or no opportunities for the level of my work and I am happy to consider other work using my skills which are actually pretty diverse and not strictly limited to photography at an advertising level.

I am somewhat reluctant to post personal details on a public forum and would prefer to share this information by mail or PM - hope thats ok and excuse my security concerns if they seem overly cautious - you can never be too careful.

Many thanks

Mick

Anyone there?

:up:

Your post is new. Be patient! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

thanks for the advice.

Aurélie wrote:

:up:

Your post is new. Be patient! ;)

Thank you,