Need annual rental contract to obtain Elective Residency Visa

I have an unusual situation that I am trying to solve.  We have an appointment at the end of March at the Miami Italian Consulate to obtain our Elective Residency Visa.  Besides a host of required documents we also need a minimum 1-year rental contract which is in our names and filed with the local authorities.  The problem is I was to travel to Italy in January to rent an apartment, however, a family emergency prevented that trip and I am unable due to work to travel now.  Has anyone rented an apartment in Italy from the US?  The Catch 22 is that one needs an address on the Visa application.    At this point, I don't care where the apartment is located as we simply need the address and a rental agreement.  I would even be willing to simply pay 3 months' rent to someone, never move in and cancel the agreement once we have the Visa then find an apartment as soon as we land.  Just trying to think creatively...Any suggestions?

If someone you know has a residence you could provide a Certificate of Hospitality 
(Dichiarazione di ospitalità) which should suffice as proof of accomodation.

Hello
Try with Mr Dario Romoli at Vou para Italia, I think he is able to solve this kind of problem - you find him on facebook or on the Internet, can tell him youi have received the name from Alberto at Scuola Toscana Firenze.