Hello - We are newbies who want to move to Malta

Hi all

My partner, Rosa-Maria and I want to move to Malta.

We are currently based in England but both feel Malta is our spiritual home.

Like most people at the moment our budget is tight. We are both self employed here and would like to carry that over into Malta & start paying taxes over there.

At this stage we are sponges soaking up all the advice we can get, so please fire away with any and everything you can good & bad, if there is any bad about Malta.

Appreciate your help and if anyone wants two very reliable housekeepers/sitters then we can cook, clean, garden, drive and paint so look no further.

Thanks for all your help and advice in advance & hope to see you all soon.

Martin & Rosa

Hi Martin and Rosa,

welcome to the forum.

Feel free to browse the forum. There is so much information for you to 'soak' up about moving to and living in Malta-)))

Your questions are really too general to reply without writing a book.

I saw your profile about being an expert on Law of Attraction and your partner being an accomplished artist. I have no idea how that would work out in Malta. There are many art galleries (usually run by the artist) but I'm not sure about the actual market.

Many jobs like the ones you mention are not well-paid and the available positions are often occupied by workers from countries with even lower wages than Malta yet the prices in Malta are not as low as you might expect.

Feel free to ask  any unanswered questions

Cheers
Ricky.

Are you EU citizens?

Hi Georgeingozo

Yes we are both EU citizens.

Been to Malta a number of times and both feel immediately at home when we get out the airport.

Take care

Martin

ricky wrote:

Hi Martin and Rosa,

welcome to the forum.

Feel free to browse the forum. There is so much information for you to 'soak' up about moving to and living in Malta-)))

Your questions are really too general to reply without writing a book.

I saw your profile about being an expert on Law of Attraction and your partner being an accomplished artist. I have no idea how that would work out in Malta. There are many art galleries (usually run by the artist) but I'm not sure about the actual market.

Many jobs like the ones you mention are not well-paid and the available positions are often occupied by workers from countries with even lower wages than Malta yet the prices in Malta are not as low as you might expect.

Feel free to ask  any unanswered questions

Cheers
Ricky.

Hi Ricky

Thanks for the input, i appreciate we left it quite general at the moment, we do not really want to waste peoples time at this stage - We just are not certain of our timescales yet.

Having said that if you have the time and can suggest decent commercial estate agents for shop property & suggest the 'busy' areas for us that would be terrific.

Thanks for your help & having read some of your responses to others - keep up the good work, its great that you are helping.

I see you live in Malta, how do you find it? Did you move from UK and was it a good decision?

Once again, many thanks

Martin