International DL of India in Bahrain

Friends ,

While going through various post i realized that its really not easy to get a DL in Bahrain and it may take few months ( at least !) to get it if Im lucky enough :).
What i was wondering is , I do drive in India and have valid DL over here if I convert that in to an International DL , would that work in Bahrain , at least for few months... during which i can try to get my local DL?

As always, please help !

Regards,
Akhil

It will work only if ur here on visit visa. If you are having residency, you can not use your Indian driving license.

and the process of getting Bahrain Driving license is atleast six months, that also in case if ur lucky enough to get it in first attempt.

Hi Akhil and welcome to the forum,

As Stigmatized said, the Indian DL isn't valid here. I tried to have an explanation and was told that they consider the Indian exam to be way too easy and furthermore, it is possible to buy the license even without taking lessons and passing the exam.
Some other countries are also stigmatized (>_<) in the same way.

I'm afraid you won't be able to find a short cut for that...
A lot of my Indian friends are using drivers to pick them up morning and drive them home evening. It seems not to be too expansive.

Keep on seeing the sunny side :D

Cheers

Olivier

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Akhil and welcome to the forum,

As Stigmatized said, the Indian DL isn't valid here. I tried to have an explanation and was told that they consider the Indian exam to be way too easy and furthermore, it is possible to buy the license even without taking lessons and passing the exam.
Some other countries are also stigmatized (>_<) in the same way.

I'm afraid you won't be able to find a short cut for that...
A lot of my Indian friends are using drivers to pick them up morning and drive them home evening. It seems not to be too expansive.

Keep on seeing the sunny side :D

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your reply , Car and fuel is part of my package from the Employer , so Im not sure if i will able to avail it without valid D/L , however was wondering how much it may cost to hire a driver on need basis , e.g. drop/pick to/from office on weekdays (5 days) considering 15-20 KM daily driving.

Cheers
Akhil

It really depends on your negotiation. I know people who do it for 100BD a month. Some people decide to have a maid living with them and also having them to be their driver as well.

brightonguy wrote:

It really depends on your negotiation. I know people who do it for 100BD a month. Some people decide to have a maid living with them and also having them to be their driver as well.

Hi brightonguy,

Thanks for your reply , as always, your advice helped me , however out of curiosity , if i pay 100 BD per month to a driver  in that case would it be cheaper to hire a taxi( for office pick and drop at least)  than a driver ?

Regards,
Akhil

It all depends how far will you be living from your workplace. Taxis are not cheap and 15-20kms as you suggested will probably cost around 5BD each way, if not more. Taxis are expensive over here.

You can do carpooling (sharing the same car with others), which will work out even cheaper. Once you find your driver (and your future colleagues will be the best to help you on that), you can also call driver at times other than going to / coming back from work. It will still work out cheaper.

Hi Akhil,

I've checked with different persons in my company (mostly Indians) they are paying on average 40 BD per month for someone to take them from home to office and back 6 days a week. Some of them are sharing the car with someone coming from and going to the same areas but this was agreed with them.

Hope you'll find someone good :D

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you friends , I think if i can manage to get a driver within 100 then it would be good  as i can use him for other purposes too apart from office .

Regards,
Akhi