Where to live in Oslo

Hi,

Can someone advise which area is best to stay if i have to commute to work located in Fornebu, Oslo.

Thanks

Hello Rohaiza,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

All the best,
Christine

Hello,

It will to some extent depend on your budget. The west of Oslo is more expensive than the east.

David

To work in Fornebu, the best is to live in Fornebu / Snarøya. Very quiet, safe, easy access to your work, and quite a few place to rent. Otherwise you can choose Lysaker, which is next door or some areas in Oslo like Skøyen which would provide good transportation to Fornebu. Avoid commuting to job by car as we get lots of traffic since Statoil moved on Fornebu.

Hi,

Skoyen and Majorsteun would be an ideal choice for people working in Fornebu. Both these areas are close to city and have good transportation facilities.

Although very close to offices, staying in Fornebu is like staying in isolation. Not much shops, no restaurants, etc.

Hi Rohaiza,

Good to know that you will be working at Fornebu. Would u mind sharing your workplace name or details?

Can I get your persoanl contact number so that we can talk over the phone. I am not in Oslo yet, but I am looking at arriving in next 3 6 weeks.

George (Australia)

Amit Pawar wrote:

Hi,

Skoyen and Majorsteun would be an ideal choice for people working in Fornebu. Both these areas are close to city and have good transportation facilities.

Although very close to offices, staying in Fornebu is like staying in isolation. Not much shops, no restaurants, etc.

I respectfully disagree, I live in Fornebu and we have shops, restaurants and all the things you need, it's not like busy city life for sure but all the commodities are.

Hi George,

I was hoping to get an interview with one of the oil n gas company that is currently looking for people. I'm still in Malaysia. Where will you be working in Oslo? I'm a Procurement Lead attached to WorleyParsons Malaysia. Looking for a better opportunity but so difficult to penetrate the market since i'm non EU resident. U can contact me at +60126868844.

Thanks David. Will explore more if i get the job.

Hi Rohaiza,

I will definitely call you soon, may be mid next week, i am lil busy in packing and moving my household stuff right now.

MAy I ask you why you want to Norway? Do you like the place? I have heard its pretty harsh life there etc.

Look forward to hear from you soon,
Regards,
George

AuNordDuMonde wrote:

To work in Fornebu, the best is to live in Fornebu / Snarøya. Very quiet, safe, easy access to your work, and quite a few place to rent. Otherwise you can choose Lysaker, which is next door or some areas in Oslo like Skøyen which would provide good transportation to Fornebu. Avoid commuting to job by car as we get lots of traffic since Statoil moved on Fornebu.

hi
ACTUALLY .i live in Ireland(EEA national) and interesting to travel to Norway ,this beautiful country,for a chef job( LONG EXPERIENCE IN hotels since 1994).
SO, PLEASE IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ABOUT WHERE TO WORK OR THE BEST  CHEAP PLACE TO LIVE  IN NORWAY,,LIKE TO WORK IN OSLO AND SLEEP OUTSIDE THE TOWN......II WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL TO SOMEONE,HERE IN THIS FORUM WHO MAY GIVE ADVICE.