Raw milk

Hi,

Any idea where I can find raw milk in Cairo? Goat milk will be ideal, but cow will do as well. I do understand the hazards, but I'm going to boil the milk anyway.
I have 7 months old baby boy and don't really want to buy him store-bought curd (cream cheese) or yogurt.

Thanks in advance.

sorry even if you boil it - he chances of you introducing something into the milk when you make yoghrt - that you don't want to be there are great.

WHat is so bad with the store yoghurt (expecially)?

I work for one of the major producers and there is nothing in the yoghurt that would be harmful to your child!?
The expertise and the hugiene standards are the same as in Europe - so there is no chance of you making the baby ill / giving it something that is undesirable?

And if you are going to boil the raw unpasteurised milk anyway - then why not just use normal fresh pasteurised milk.

I am unsure of the testing regime of the cows (that live around and about) in egypt with regards to such diseases as TB, etc., or the clerance of the animals from such things as antibiotics or mastitis?  is safer to buy treated milk from a company where the cows are subjected to better testing.

Dina Farms milk is available, it is fresh milk. Raw milk you can find at milk shops, they make also desserts, like rice pudding etc.

Many thanks

Dear Nigar,
Don't be afraid of premade yoghurt or bottled milk to give to your baby. There are lots of good Dairy companies working in Egypt and they do have a high Quality control such as "Danone, Nestle, Juhayna, Dina Farms, Enjoy ..." I recommend you don't give him Cream cheese at this age as it might be heavy for him just start with yoghurt or you can make "rice pudding" all the kids love it :) it is safe, easy to make and can be given as a breakfast or Dinner plate along with any frech fruit.. if you like contact me to give you the recipe..

hi can my 14month baby drink juhyna milk?

i think dina is better option than juhayna as juhayna is not fresh.its a long life milk where as dina is fresh

I,always found this funny no offense to anyone but Johanna Dina bukheeru all proccessed milk is extremely dangerous. It's full of preservatives which are toxic and other chemicals.

Use fresh milk it's what Allah intended for you to drink. Humans have been drinking milk since the beginning of time and no one died from it.

Fresh milk contains a bacteria that boosts you immune system when you boil it you kill it along with mot of its calcium and numerous other benefits.

So now I'm sure you will say okay I'm right fresh milk is healthy but we don't know how clean the cow is so we have to boil the milk

Instead of arguing with you I'll just simply say I've been drinking fresh milk for ten years and never ever got sick. I've drank milk straight out of cows, camels and goats. I've been drinking fresh milk in Egypt for six yers from Malki and never got sick either.

Don't let the industry propaganda scre you so they have excuses to steal your money drink fresh milk!

I strongly recommend you to use some of the most famous products here in Egypt like Almarai / Juhaina. They are safe and produced with the international standards :)

Millions of babies here grew up eating this yoghourt :) Don't worry your baby will be perfectly fine insha'ALLAH :)

boobla wrote:

hello can my 14month baby drink juhyna milk?

Why don't you use the milk for babies better?

expatenglish teacher - are you crazy?

The milk is heat treated to kill bacteria only (the only difference between the fresh and the long life is the degree of temeprature and the length of time it is kept at that temperature) and there are NO preservatives in any of the milk in EGypt - it is not allowed by Egyptian laws (not anywhere else in the world either!)

To come on a forum like this and to say this idiotic things is scary - and you are a teacher??
Thank god you are not my children's teacher!

P.S. - there is NO bacteria in fresh milk that boosts your immune system - this is purely and simply a lie.

biffy wrote:

expatenglish teacher - are you crazy?

The milk is heat treated to kill bacteria only (the only difference between the fresh and the long life is the degree of temeprature and the length of time it is kept at that temperature) and there are NO preservatives in any of the milk in EGypt - it is not allowed by Egyptian laws (not anywhere else in the world either!)

To come on a forum like this and to say this idiotic things is scary - and you are a teacher??
Thank god you are not my children's teacher!

P.S. - there is NO bacteria in fresh milk that boosts your immune system - this is purely and simply a lie.

You didn't have to be rude.

Egyptian law, what a joke. In egyptian law youre not allowd to drive the oppossite way on the street but everyone does it.
Yes there are preservatives my father in law owns a farm and Ive dealt with many other farmers and suppliers of milk. The milk is filled with preservatives just go ask any even poor Egyptian on the street does milk here have مواد الحافظة and they will tell you yes even.

As for the immune boosting yeah thas a lie, lol. Why would you ever feed a baby milk if it didn't boost their immune system? One of th emotion important reasons babies drink milk is to boost their immune systems. Or is every doctor in the work wrong? Even when you bu powder baby milk it's all over the container. As for raw milk go to google type raw milk boost immune system and see the results

If you don't want to agree with me that's okay but to come on this forum and insult me that's just low

I was wrong in one thing when I said fresh milk I didn't mean fresh I meant raw milk

There are three differ kinds of milk long life, fresh milk, ad raw milk.

Do yourself a favor and drink ( of course clean) raw milk.

There is clean free of antibiotics raw milk available here in egypt by the way.

by the way the op is from Africa I'm sure she drank all kinds of raw milk and she's still alive

Here's a study of raw milk
http://www.helladelicious.com/our-food/ … -immunity/

Boosting the immune system - the only milk that will boost the immune system is breat milk - no other milk will do this - cows milk for small babies is not an option, it must be formula which has been adapted.  And this agin won't boost the immune system - it  gives the baby the correct levels of fat/protein and sugars.

I have worked in the dairy industry for many years and the standards here are as high as anywhere in the processed milk (heat treated milk/pasterised milk).  Trust me the police may not do thier job properly - but when it comes to food they are quite hot and to fall foul of the standards comes at high price - as when adverse publicity hits the consumers here in EGypt will stop buying a brand altogether!!

All milk that is pasteurised by the milk producers is free from antibiotics - all the raw milk is tested on arrivl at the dairies.

It is not the antibiotics that are the problem.

If you go to some small traditional dairy the chnces are the milk will be contaminated, and also have had very bad additives put in it - for example to whiten the milk/cheese/yoghurt - or to make it taste better.
This is not the big producers but the small shops in the more traditional parts of EGypt - also the hygiene is not the same.
The dairies here clean to world class standards and bench marks - and are tested on their standards every time they hav a ministry visit or a 'supplier audit' ot an audit from ISO/BRC/ etc.

To encourage people to drink raw milk is foolhardy - and the government in EGypt have a huge education plan - to encourage people to drink treated milk as many people are seriously ill due to unsafe and unhygienic milk every year.

I didn't mean to be rude - but I think that more research - speaking to professionals would benefit before making recommendations for people to avoid pasteurised milk and drink raw untreated milk.

Also the article that you gave a link to has it's own agenda - and you cannot take any correct information from one very small study.  No-where in the world can you base any reccomendations on such a small study - you can study anything and get the results/statistics to prove anything you want.
It is also correct that they don't eat any processed food / food with additives - they have a very basic insular fresh diet.
And to contribute the lack of asthma in the children to just the fact that the milk is unpasteurised is not scientifically sound!

You have some good points.

I mixed up a lot of what I was trying to say and so sounds funny and illresearched. Im typing with touch technology and I hate it.
So to make myself clear

I meant raw milk can boost other than babies immune system from children to adults.

I meant that additives and preservatives are added to the small lshop milk just like you said. I'm sure the big companies are abiding by the laws.

I meant don't drink pasteurized and homogenized milk and be careful with raw milk because it can be contaminated.

I believe pasteurized and homogenized milk is not healthy for many reasons from digestion problems to lack of nutrients and not helping the immune system.

Boiling milk came about inn the first place because farmers wanted to find a way to make more money. By boiling milk they could mix many different milks from different animals. As well boiling milk because it breaks the fat down hides the quality of the milk. As well with boiling you can take the cream off the top and now sell two products to the consumers. S well it gives milk a long life. Boiling milk had nothing to do with health.

To propagate the practice of boiling milk they came up with scare tactics saying how dangerous it is to drink raw milk.

Raw milk is only dangerous when the cow isn't healthy. So as I said get a distributor ht you know and and drink clean raw milk. It's a lot more healthy

The op even asked for raw milk herself specificallyyy.

By the way I believe most if not all of Europe has  has already declared raw milk is healthy by the way America and Canada are behind in this.
I

Guys,

This discussion is a one the evidences about the importance of this site.
Very healthy & respectful discussion, as we gained lots of information, moreover, some persons considered others opinions (either to re-identify way of discussion or to clear what was mixed up).

I really thank you all & :top: to all of you.

I just read my posts and I must admit idid sound crazy! Jumbled thoughts and bogus ideas. I hope I cleared myself up now. Anyways if anyone wants to read about raw milk or alternative as some call it health a wonderful place to start is Naturalnews.com

Hi
Europe nor any other western country would advocate the drinking of raw milk - or even cheeses made form raw milk (especially when prenant / nursing).
The reasons for the heat treatment are very valid and highly relevant - TB / contamination, etc.!!
Also note well the heat treatment of milk has no adverse effects on the nutrients in the milk.

The drinking of raw milk does not boost the immune system - it has no constutient that does this.
But the drinking of milk is beneficial as it gives the body a protein and calcium rich drink - whether you choose to drink it with the fat or in it's skimmed form.

The only nutrient that milk loses as soon as it comes out of the cow is vitamin C - and this is due the fact that it is both heat and light sensitive.

The raw milk is dangerous when the cow isn't healthy and also when vry high levels of hygiene are not kept, and the cooling chain is adhered to - which is the case for most small milk producers / yoghurt and cheese makers here in Egypt.

Again many thousands of people in countries such as Egypt get sick every year through drinking contaminated raw milk - this is why the ministries are spending alot of money on promoting the drinkng of heat treated milk (pasteurised)

The facts are:
1) boiling doesn't break down the particles of fat.  In fact both boiled and unboiled milk if left will give a layer of cream on the top - go the UK silver top milk as we know it is pasterurised - but still has the cream layer on the top.  The breaking down of the fat is a far more complicated process and one that cannot be done on a small scale basis due to the machinery involved.
2) boiling doesn't mask the flavour.
3) in actual fact the milk in ordinary pastuerised milk is not boiled, it doesn't reach that temperature at all - it is a finely tuned time/temp. balancing act.  UHT/ longlife is the same - but the temp. is far higher and is only held at that temp. for a few seconds then cooled immediately to below 5 degrees.

Please see the quotes below - this is just to ilustrate the dangers of drinking raw milk - and this is in a country with higher levels of food hygiene and overall cleanliness!!

QUOTE:
But raw milk can harbor dangerous microorganisms that can pose serious health risks to you and your family. According to an analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 1993 and 2006 more than 1500 people in the United States became sick from drinking raw milk or eating cheese made from raw milk. In addition, CDC reported that unpasteurized milk is 150 times more likely to cause foodborne illness and results in 13 times more hospitalizations than illnesses involving pasteurized dairy products.

Raw milk is milk from cows, sheep, or goats that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This raw, unpasteurized milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria, which are responsible for causing numerous foodborne illnesses.

These harmful bacteria can seriously affect the health of anyone who drinks raw milk, or eats foods made from raw milk. However, the bacteria in raw milk can be especially dangerous to people with weakened immune systems, older adults, pregnant women, and children. In fact, the CDC analysis found that foodborne illness from raw milk especially affected children and teenagers.

QUOTE:
Pasteurization is a process that kills harmful bacteria by heating milk to a specific temperature for a set period of time. First developed by Louis Pasteur in 1864, pasteurization kills harmful organisms responsible for such diseases as listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, and brucellosis.

Research shows no meaningful difference in the nutritional values of pasteurized and unpasteurized milk.

QUOTE:
Here are some common myths and proven facts about milk and pasteurization:

Pasteurizing milk DOES NOT cause lactose intolerance and allergic reactions. Both raw milk and pasteurized milk can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to milk proteins.
Raw milk DOES NOT kill dangerous pathogens by itself.
Pasteurization DOES NOT reduce milk's nutritional value.
Pasteurization DOES NOT mean that it is safe to leave milk out of the refrigerator for extended time, particularly after it has been opened.
Pasteurization DOES kill harmful bacteria.
Pasteurization DOES save lives.

biffy wrote:

Hi
Europe nor any other western country would advocate the drinking of raw milk - or even cheeses made form raw milk (especially when prenant / nursing).
The reasons for the heat treatment are very valid and highly relevant - TB / contamination, etc.!!
Also note well the heat treatment of milk has no adverse effects on the nutrients in the milk.

The drinking of raw milk does not boost the immune system - it has no constutient that does this.
But the drinking of milk is beneficial as it gives the body a protein and calcium rich drink - whether you choose to drink it with the fat or in it's skimmed form.

The only nutrient that milk loses as soon as it comes out of the cow is vitamin C - and this is due the fact that it is both heat and light sensitive.

The raw milk is dangerous when the cow isn't healthy and also when vry high levels of hygiene are not kept, and the cooling chain is adhered to - which is the case for most small milk producers / yoghurt and cheese makers here in Egypt.

Again many thousands of people in countries such as Egypt get sick every year through drinking contaminated raw milk - this is why the ministries are spending alot of money on promoting the drinkng of heat treated milk (pasteurised)

The facts are:
1) boiling doesn't break down the particles of fat.  In fact both boiled and unboiled milk if left will give a layer of cream on the top - go the UK silver top milk as we know it is pasterurised - but still has the cream layer on the top.  The breaking down of the fat is a far more complicated process and one that cannot be done on a small scale basis due to the machinery involved.
2) boiling doesn't mask the flavour.
3) in actual fact the milk in ordinary pastuerised milk is not boiled, it doesn't reach that temperature at all - it is a finely tuned time/temp. balancing act.  UHT/ longlife is the same - but the temp. is far higher and is only held at that temp. for a few seconds then cooled immediately to below 5 degrees.

Please see the quotes below - this is just to ilustrate the dangers of drinking raw milk - and this is in a country with higher levels of food hygiene and overall cleanliness!!

QUOTE:
But raw milk can harbor dangerous microorganisms that can pose serious health risks to you and your family. According to an analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 1993 and 2006 more than 1500 people in the United States became sick from drinking raw milk or eating cheese made from raw milk. In addition, CDC reported that unpasteurized milk is 150 times more likely to cause foodborne illness and results in 13 times more hospitalizations than illnesses involving pasteurized dairy products.

Raw milk is milk from cows, sheep, or goats that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This raw, unpasteurized milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria, which are responsible for causing numerous foodborne illnesses.

These harmful bacteria can seriously affect the health of anyone who drinks raw milk, or eats foods made from raw milk. However, the bacteria in raw milk can be especially dangerous to people with weakened immune systems, older adults, pregnant women, and children. In fact, the CDC analysis found that foodborne illness from raw milk especially affected children and teenagers.

QUOTE:
Pasteurization is a process that kills harmful bacteria by heating milk to a specific temperature for a set period of time. First developed by Louis Pasteur in 1864, pasteurization kills harmful organisms responsible for such diseases as listeriosis, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, diphtheria, and brucellosis.

Research shows no meaningful difference in the nutritional values of pasteurized and unpasteurized milk.

QUOTE:
Here are some common myths and proven facts about milk and pasteurization:

Pasteurizing milk DOES NOT cause lactose intolerance and allergic reactions. Both raw milk and pasteurized milk can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to milk proteins.
Raw milk DOES NOT kill dangerous pathogens by itself.
Pasteurization DOES NOT reduce milk's nutritional value.
Pasteurization DOES NOT mean that it is safe to leave milk out of the refrigerator for extended time, particularly after it has been opened.
Pasteurization DOES kill harmful bacteria.
Pasteurization DOES save lives.

The first European directive dates from 1992 (92/46/EEC) and has been followed by a number of regulations (852/2004, 853/2004, 2073/2005, 2074/2005). The production of raw-milk cheeses was allowed, as long as certain minimum requirements were met.

Each European Union member state must follow these minimum regulations, but they can also establish stricter measures. As a result, an individual country can decide to ban the sale of raw-milk cheeses.

So you mean to tell me that since the beginning of mankind we've. been drinking raw milk and it was fine and now in the past century drinking raw milk is dangerous. You are right there are dangers but it's not that scary. That's why I said find a milk provider that you trust. In the chew republic and other places you can find raw milk vending machines just like coca cola. Of course with aw milk you mist be careful.

I understand Egypt isn't the cleanest safest place but I've been drinking aw milk here for 6 years and I never got sick. I also drank raw milk in Canada, USA, amsterdam, Morocco,Mauritania, Taiwan. Before I came here. And I never once got sick.

And there are studies not enough but there are studies on raw milk to prove the theories I stated such as boosting the immune system and so forth.

Sorry - but it is that scary.

WHo knows how many people died over the years due to contminated raw milk.

If you use that theory then why are you not eating raw meat all the time and going and dipping a cup in the nile and drinking it?

Because scientific knowledge and hygiene have improved since the beginning of time.
ANd how do you know it was the habit since the beginning of time?
people in the far east never 'got the habit' of drinking milk - hence the high level of lactose intlerance since it has been introduced into their diet - their bodies don't have the mechanisms to cope with it.

And with regards for raw milk cheese - yes there are all these directives allowing the production of cheese made with raw milk - but they can be very dangerous if consumed by pregnant and lactating mothers - or people who have compromised systems - due to the the prescence of particularly Listeria (well documented - as it course miscarriages and still born babies) and salmonella.

The validity of such things as the cool chain also plays it's part in this.
This is also why testing of raw meat/chicken/eggs/cheeses and milk is undertaken  by environmental health officers (in the UK this is what they are called).

If you wish to drink raw milk from unknown sources - with unknown additives and dubious hygiene - then please feel free that is of course your choice.
If you can find a vendor that you trust then that's great.

But never encourage others to start doing it because you don't know what will happen - and you don't know the circumstances, to be honest it is just irresponsible.

Raw milk as a preference - is personal choice.

But don't get sucked into the rhetoric that is is more nutritious - we are talking raw milk here - NOT Organic!
And don't ever forget that if you catch Bovine TB then it's not pretty, nor is someone losing their baby because of Listeria.
Also many 'studies' (as with every subject) if comissioned by a party that advocates the drinking of raw milk - will never find anything negative about the raw milk!

It seems you will always have your opinion and I mine.

There is danger for sure. I never said drink raw milk I specifically said find someone you trust to provide you.

Organic all the way! From food to soap to water!

Hi Englishexpatteacher,

I struggle to find raw milk in the U,K,  simply not sold.
I do visit Cairo often so where can I buy this Organic raw milk from,I truly am interested. I recently visited family in Houston, Texas and we used to buy raw Organic milk, boy am I converted. So if possible please PM me with farmers details, or at least enough info for me to search for this pure delicious drink, the taste is awesome.
Thanks in advance

yes - but please take care.

regarding all raw food - water, etc.

Even without drinking the milk raw - the bacteria in the food strain / quantity - varies from country to country - hence such things as deli belly and motezumas revenge - to mention a few.

so I wouldn't have thought it was a good idea for you to drink the raw milk here where the bacteria is very different as are the hygiene practices.

Okay I guess I reluctantly have to agree. Still I dont mind visiting farms if you are able to point me in the right direction.
Sunnsand

And to be perfectly honest I would have to hazard a guess that there is no 'organic ' milk here in EGypt.
the production of milk that is called organic anywhere else is produced under strict guidelines regarding feed, etc. - that I really can't see being followed here (I work in the industry here - and I REALLY can't see it!).

It's amazing how humanity and society have become so dependent and trusting in authorities. We are made to believe tha the government and industries want the best for society and are here to protect us. We are automatically scared of something because there isn't a government control or industry validating it. Just an interesting thing to reflect upon. but that's another subject.

There is ISIS http://www.isisorganic.com They have organic milk but it's u.h.t. processed.

There is a very good homeopathic society in Egypt as well http://www.h2rc2.com/

And holistic farming is becoming more popular too http://www.sekem.com/

There are small farmers who treat their animals right. There is a market at the end of Giza where you can meet small farmers. I learnt about this place from an Egyptian friend who is in the whole healthy all natural products life style. I wouldn't even know how to give you driving directions to be honest.

If you are diligent you can find a supplier vist their farm until you find one you trust.

egyptindependent.com/news/egypt's-organic-food-seduces-west-and-egyptian-farmers

ecoa.com.eg

HabibaOrganicFarm.com/

Etc....

I am neither scared nor afraid.

But for something to use the tag organic there is alot involved.
You can't just 'stick' the word onto the product and it is so!

The animals must eb allowed to graze on pasture (!) - fed organically certified feed (expensive) and must not be subjected to  treatment with rugs (unless the animal is sick of course).

The nutritional content is the same as conventional milk (as it is for virtually all organic foods - the difference is in the lac of drugs/pesticides and the ethical treatment).

I would love to see an organic farm here in Egypt - rather than one that just uses the word!!

biffy wrote:

I am neither scared nor afraid.

But for something to use the tag organic there is alot involved.
You can't just 'stick' the word onto the product and it is so!

The animals must eb allowed to graze on pasture (!) - fed organically certified feed (expensive) and must not be subjected to  treatment with rugs (unless the animal is sick of course).

The nutritional content is the same as conventional milk (as it is for virtually all organic foods - the difference is in the lac of drugs/pesticides and the ethical treatment).

I would love to see an organic farm here in Egypt - rather than one that just uses the word!!

I wasn't referring to you when I said that society have become so trustworthy and dependent on authorities - we all have. But as I said that's a whole other story.

If you would like to see organic farms go search for one. Call up sekem and see if they can help you.

First of All, /as my father is a food technoligist with a diary products especiality/, so:
NO 1 CAN MAKE JOGHURT IN HOME!
IT'S BE ONLY SQUUEZED, MELTED MILK, OR CREAMY BUTTER, CREAMY MILK, NOT REAL, HEALTHY, NOURISHING PRODUCT

i can make yogurt and even cheese at home , and i tried it before it's too easy

No 1 can make yohurt at home, just from milk- even raw fresh caw or gut or buffalo or sheep, camel, donkey, then even from any kind of fresh milk, even coconut milk, or grain milk like from amarantus, quinoa, almond, nuts , pistachio /so the vegetarian- vegan kind of milk/ -  milk etc why?

cos real joghurt, has prebiotics , probiotics /that is  not the same, they are 2 different very healthy, needed for ur body, immunal system substantions, also ur beauty nd nervs...:) /, nd especial kind of healthy stomach bacteria - like even bifidus active /that has btw. cerelac for babies or other baby good quality nutritions/ - and this kind of joghurt can be only made  by professional (dairy) companies - like for example- danone, zott, nestle, campina  or egyptian Juhayna, Bio Land, only the dairy companies, who r producing yoghurt - they are making the REAL YOGHURT - cos Yoghurt it's exactly called this way so   - a Yoghurt - cos of having this healthy stomach bacteria, that's it...;
The comapnies ordering them /so this especial kind of bacteria/ from other manufactories who r espec. in making, producing, exporting, then selling them to dairy industry...

And no 1 can buy this bacteria /it's a powder, like powder milk, looking very similar btw./, for himself , only dairy industry , who r producing yoghurt - can do this...

So- if you think, you can make home made yoghurt just from powder or raw milk or french fat cream  or - then u r so wrong...
If U will make yoghurt at home- just add some raw milk , nd  u will cook it then , until it's be squeezed milk....then it's be just called this squeezed milk, nothing more, without this bacteria...it's obvious...
it's be then not as nourishing as the real jogurt should be...
cos all case it's about this especial kind of bacteria...

and the other goal is - to keep the right for joghurt - temperature...
again, only dairy industry machines - can keep it...

but they 'r some home made joghurella's -  johgurt making machines /johurt makers/, then u need to add of course real - bought from store joghurt - for ex. juhayna or danone, raw milk - and pasteurize this all  in joghurella's so joghurt making machine - the pasteurization process usually lasts about 17 - 19 hours!!!!

then u can call yourself , that u made a joghurt...the real one...

To make yoghurt at home you need a stable incubator to keep the yoghurt warm whilst it develops.
and you need a starter culture - in Europe you can buy this  (and it isn't necessarily probiotic).
or you need to use some yoghurt to start the process -  better if is probiotic - as there are still live bacteria - or here in egypt some normal yoghurt

When the temperatures are warm, you just need a warm place in the kitchen where your warm milk+starter can turn into yoghurt. In fact if it's very hot, your yogurt might turn sour!

I also need Raw Milk where do you get from?

Hello meranalshantii,

Welcome on board  :)

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2014. It will be better if you create a new thread on the Cairo forum so that you get some feedback.

All the best,
Bhavna

I completely 100% agree with you Expatenglishteacher. Where do you get your raw milk from though? My toddler and I  are currently sensitive to casein so we are desperately hoping to try goats milk after a long time being unable to have any dairy due to the lack of options that are easily available here. Any point to the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Milk shops? In what kinds of areas would I find them? I've been living here for some years now and don't think I remember ever seeing a milk shop :-/

I loved this answer and i agree